The official Wayalife Texas Hidden Falls run thread! October 14-16th!

Exodus 4x4

When:October 14-16th
Where: Hidden Falls Adventure Park 7030 E FM 1431, Marble Falls, TX 78654 (830)798-9820
Optional meet up: October 14th at 6 pm Janie's Tacos & Deli 909 Ave H, Marble Falls, TX 78654

Hey everyone its time to start planning a fall run out to Hidden Falls Adventure Park. Last years turn out was pretty good and had a mixed variety of rigs so I think we'll make 2 separate groups of beginners and experienced. You know your limits so don't feel like just because your rig has all the big boy mods you HAVE to be in a group thats going to take you out of your comfort zone. Last year we planned to meet up in Marble falls for dinner and then head out to the park to set up camp, but that didn't work out to well. Mostly because the out-of-towners were pressing to get there on time and in the end we all just ended up meeting at camp. This year the option is to meet at Janie's Tacos and Deli in Marble Falls. Its in the middle of town and right off of 1431 which is the road out of town that the park is on, which should make it easier to meet up and head out together for those that wish to do so. If not, head straight out to the park.

The plan is for someone to volunteer to be a trail lead and tail gunner for each group. Ideally, the trail lead and gunner for each group should get with the members of their respective group on the evening of the 14th and get familiar. this would also be a good time for everyone to go over each others rigs and possible find anything that could fixed before heading out on the trail the next morning. Its possible some might want to cut their fenders that night. Please wait until 2 am on the 15th to do so. On the morning of the 15th we will hold a drivers meeting for each group and then part ways. Lunch back at camp is optional as it can sometimes be easier to stay on the trails. The night of the 15th we will BBQ as a group and decide if we want to run some more trails in the morning or break camp and go home. For now we'll leave that as TBD.

I personally don't know the park well enough to be a trail lead at this time. That could change by then but I doubt it. So anyone feel free to volunteer for the trail leads and tail gunner positions. I do ask that the people that volunteer for these roles have their routes predetermined before we get there. If you want a cabin I recommend you call now and reserve it. The number to the park is at the top of the thread. We can decide how to handle the BBQ once we have an accurate head count. Could be BYOM or a couple of people volunteer to handle it and we all throw a few bucks their way to cover the cost.

If you're interested please reply to this thread and let me know what group you want to be in. Please let me know if you wish to be a trail lead or a tail gunner. Hope to see you there!

CB channel: 4

October 14th:
Everyone arrive at camp and set up. At some point find your trail lead and get familiar. Inspect rig

October 15th:
Drivers meetings: 8 am
Depart for trails: 8:15 am
At some point (lunch time) we can regroup and determine if some want to switch groups or continue on the way we are.
Group BBQ starting at 6:30 pm

October 16th:
TBD. Depending on what everyone wants to do we could run a couple of trails that morning or just break camp and head home. We will decide the night before.

Experienced group required gear:
3" or more of lift
35" or larger tires
CB
Front and rear tow points
1 functioning locker

Beginners group required gear:
The willingness to scratch your undercarriage and not freak out.
CB
Front and rear tow points

Experienced group
Lead: Texas Nick???
Tail Gunner: Granite_head

1) PROJKUR

2)

3)

4) Stick

5) Angry Aussie

6) RFBIII

7) Jegar

8) Instigator (Possible second lead)

9)

10) iRonin

11) Mike_JK_Houston_711

Beginners group
Lead:
Tail Gunner: Kyle7R

1) Romac2223

2) Willys_ATX

3) pinkcamotexan

4) HooksNRounds

5)

6) CCTX50

Last edited:

Napalm

The wife and I are in for beginner group. Except I'm scared to scratch my undercarriage ;)

Haha. And I also volunteer for group leading/tail gunning for this group. Wherever you need me.

Maybe I'll have some mods by then..

Exodus 4x4

The wife and I are in for beginner group. Except I'm scared to scratch my undercarriage ;)

Haha. And I also volunteer for group leading/tail gunning for this group. Wherever you need me.

Maybe I'll have some mods by then..

Done sir. You are now the lead for the beginner group. Thanks man.

Mods? Keep thinking about the offer. They're still here...

WikedLizard

Count us in for the beginner group mainly because we have never been there. Might switch to other group at some point.

Napalm

Still discussing it with the wife.. She's wanting ATs but I'm trying to sway her. I gave her a taste of the KO2s on the last rig and she loved them.

Jackal01

We will not be attending. Texas Renaissance Festival is that weekend (1001 Dreams aka Fairy weekend) and the misses goes all out. Out of all the themed weekends...this is THE weekend she will not miss for anything. Yall have fun.

Exodus 4x4

We will not be attending. Texas Renaissance Festival is that weekend (1001 Dreams aka Fairy weekend) and the misses goes all out. Out of all the themed weekends...this is THE weekend she will not miss for anything. Yall have fun.

Dude that sucks. I didn't know they had different themed weekends.

tdougherty81

Happy wife happy life.

Napalm

Actually, now that i think about it I might be best at tail gunner for our group. I've never been so my leading may not be as good.

Whatever you think!

Jackal01

Dude that sucks. I didn't know they had different themed weekends.

Opening weekend is actually Oct 8. Each weekend until Thanksgiving weekend is a different theme: Octoberfest, 1001 dreams, pirate, Roman, and others. Christmas theme being the last one. We usually go 4 or 5 times. We love it. We normally go opening weekend but I could have talked her into not going.

Exodus 4x4

Actually, now that i think about it I might be best at tail gunner for our group. I've never been so my leading may not be as good.

Whatever you think!

You could probably get a map and figure it out pretty easily. I'll leave you where you are.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Dude, the rules don't apply to you. Lol

lol i like that [emoji48]
Put me down for exp then!
I need to find a way to mount my antenna back on. When i do ill lead the group. I have a good list of trails ive been wanting to try and you guys are coming along for the ride [emoji28]

Top Bottom