Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 37" tire width... 12.5 or 13.5?

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    But didn't he also have switch to Nittos because those were all that Mel had? Nittos are notorious for a radial pull so comparison might not be applicable...
    You are correct and the radial pull is an issue but more so once they start to wear a bit. I think while they are new they will be a good data point.

I'd say it has more to do with tread pattern and/or wear pattern. I know it may not be the same comparison but we recently changed the front tires on our fire engine from an aggressive cupped tire to a less aggressive (still open shoulder design) and it tracked so much better and did not grab nearly as much.

Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    Id hit Eddie up. He recently went from a 13.50 to a 12.50 on their JL. Im willing to bet that even though its only been a couple weeks hell have some data for you.
    Good idea! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    But didn't he also have switch to Nittos because those were all that Mel had? Nittos are notorious for a radial pull so comparison might not be applicable...
    Well, that and they should completely changed their suspension so its going to handle. But he has run a myriad of tires so Im sure hell have some sort of input.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    I'd say it has more to do with tread pattern and/or wear pattern. I know it may not be the same comparison but we recently changed the front tires on our fire engine from an aggressive cupped tire to a less aggressive (still open shoulder design) and it tracked so much better and did not grab nearly as much.
    Still a great observation and good bit of info. Unfortunately I have been doing tenfold highway over dirt lately so its looking like my next set will be Ridge Grapplers. Hopefully that will make a big difference alone

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789