Thread: Steering Stabilizer Yes or No

Steering Stabilizer Yes or No

Question I just installed Dana 60 on my JK I can not get the Steering Stabilizer to work with it I had a Fox shock I ran it without it and runs good with out it does anyone not run a stabilizer I have not gone offroading with it yet Iwould think I will feel all the bumps on the trail without it ?

Quote Originally Posted by rcastell69 View Post
    Question I just installed Dana 60 on my JK I can not get the Steering Stabilizer to work with it I had a Fox shock I ran it without it and runs good with out it does anyone not run a stabilizer I have not gone offroading with it yet Iwould think I will feel all the bumps on the trail without it ?
    Is it safe to assume you're running 37's or bigger tires? If so, what you need is a ram assist - NOT a steering stabilizer. Without one, it'll be hard as hell to steering especially aired down.

But, to answer your question, yes, you can run without a steering stablizer so long as your suspension and steering is dialed in.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Is it safe to assume you're running 37's or bigger tires? If so, what you need is a ram assist - NOT a steering stabilizer. Without one, it'll be hard as hell to steering especially aired down.

But, to answer your question, yes, you can run without a steering stablizer so long as your suspension and steering is dialed in.
    Oh man. I just Google and these are somewhere in the $1600-$2000. Don't tell me this is another requirement/necessity when running 37s. Every time I learn something new, it also seems to add $$$ and time to my build schedule. Darn you Eddie for being so resourceful.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Oh man. I just Google and these are somewhere in the $1600-$2000. Don't tell me this is another requirement/necessity when running 37s. Every time I learn something new, it also seems to add $$$ and time to my build schedule. Darn you Eddie for being so resourceful.
    They are not a requirement, but it is a pain in the ass at times without it. And without stuff will start breaking sooner rather than later.

Just
    Empty
    Every
    Pocket

Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    They are not a requirement, but it is a pain in the ass at times without it. And without stuff will start breaking sooner rather than later.

Just
    Empty
    Every
    Pocket
    What he said, not required but, it can be a pain. It's definitely something you'd want to have.