Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Steering Stabilizer Yes or No

  1. #1
    Caught the Bug rcastell69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    MIami Florida
    Posts
    52

    Steering Stabilizer Yes or No

    Question I just installed Dana 60 on my JK I can not get the Steering Stabilizer to work with it I had a Fox shock I ran it without it and runs good with out it does anyone not run a stabilizer I have not gone offroading with it yet Iwould think I will feel all the bumps on the trail without it ?

  2. #2
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    52,273
    Quote Originally Posted by rcastell69 View Post
    Question I just installed Dana 60 on my JK I can not get the Steering Stabilizer to work with it I had a Fox shock I ran it without it and runs good with out it does anyone not run a stabilizer I have not gone offroading with it yet Iwould think I will feel all the bumps on the trail without it ?
    Is it safe to assume you're running 37's or bigger tires? If so, what you need is a ram assist - NOT a steering stabilizer. Without one, it'll be hard as hell to steering especially aired down.

    But, to answer your question, yes, you can run without a steering stablizer so long as your suspension and steering is dialed in.

  3. #3
    Living the WAYALIFE JAGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    11,088
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Is it safe to assume you're running 37's or bigger tires? If so, what you need is a ram assist - NOT a steering stabilizer. Without one, it'll be hard as hell to steering especially aired down.

    But, to answer your question, yes, you can run without a steering stablizer so long as your suspension and steering is dialed in.
    Oh man. I just Google and these are somewhere in the $1600-$2000. Don't tell me this is another requirement/necessity when running 37s. Every time I learn something new, it also seems to add $$$ and time to my build schedule. Darn you Eddie for being so resourceful.

  4. #4
    Living the WAYALIFE MTG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Reno eNVy
    Posts
    13,638
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Oh man. I just Google and these are somewhere in the $1600-$2000. Don't tell me this is another requirement/necessity when running 37s. Every time I learn something new, it also seems to add $$$ and time to my build schedule. Darn you Eddie for being so resourceful.
    They are not a requirement, but it is a pain in the ass at times without it. And without stuff will start breaking sooner rather than later.

    Just
    Empty
    Every
    Pocket

  5. #5
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    52,273
    Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    They are not a requirement, but it is a pain in the ass at times without it. And without stuff will start breaking sooner rather than later.

    Just
    Empty
    Every
    Pocket
    What he said, not required but, it can be a pain. It's definitely something you'd want to have.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS