Cutting Full Mopar doors into Half doors

Arizona

I came across a Wrecked JK today and offered the owner next to nothing for the front two doors. I'm going to cut them into half doors. Has anyone seen this done before? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465085627.153145.jpg

Dalton gang

Souds like a bitchen idea! I have not personally seen it but it looks easy enough. Pull the window, cut , add stripping to cover sharp edges. Nice score!

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I came across a Wrecked JK today and offered the owner next to nothing for the front two doors. I'm going to cut them into half doors. Has anyone seen this done before? View attachment 206726

I started doing exactly this a few months ago but I haven't got around to finishing them yet as my welder shit itself. But here's a pic. I cut the doortrims down to the belt line and gutted the doors as well. I've picked up some simple flush mounted handles for the outside and just going to leave the inside blank.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465086428.951607.jpg

Peak

Sweet deal! I've seen people cut YJ doors and turn them in to two piece hard doors. The uppers are removable and you can still use the window.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I thought about doing this but I just bought a tube bender do now I'm going to fab my own should be really easy though.

Dalton gang

I started doing exactly this a few months ago but I haven't got around to finishing them yet as my welder shit itself. But here's a pic. I cut the doortrims down to the belt line and gutted the doors as well. I've picked up some simple flush mounted handles for the outside and just going to leave the inside blank.
View attachment 206729

I like the cap , looks good

JeepJeep75

Love this idea guys! At roughly $800ish per factory half-door this seems like a good deal. Unless you start factoring in getting them professionally painted. Are you guys planning on painting these at home via rattle-can?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
If i ever finish them i'll paint them to match at work. Already bought the paint. Billet silver is an expensive colour!

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
What are the long slots near the top for?

I just haven't filled them in yet. It's where the door handles were. I was going to try and relocate them but it wasn't worth the effort so i've picked up some flush mount handles like you see on truck workbodies.

Top Bottom