Revolution Axles and Gears

JoeB-JKURX

So, I've been researching axles and gears for my '14 JKUR. From another posting on this forum, I heard about Revolution and the fact that they have a lifetime warranty on their axles plus they were said to be made in the USA. I went to their website but didn't see anything concerning this lifetime warranty so I sent an email to them asking. Almost immediately, a fellow named Brandon answered that, indeed, they do have a lifetime warranty on their axles (not just the u-joint for the front but splines and flanges for both front and rear - if you break it they will replace it). And, yes, they are made by them (Revolution) in the USA. I was checking their prices and they seem to run less than some of the others (probably because they sell direct - no middleman). I also asked about their gears (whether they also were made in the USA). Brandon didn't say directly that they were made in the USA or not but said that they were the same gears sold by G2 and Yukon but that they were able to sell them for less because they got them "direct" (not sure what that means but they do sell them for less). They sell their gears with Master Install Kits for just over $700 (about $150-$200 less than others I've seen) - with free shipping as I understand.

Is anybody running these? Have you any problems with them? Any other thoughts?

JKRicky

I'm also interested in hearing real world experience as these are the shafts/gears I was planning on going with. I talked to them in Moab and they were awesome guys to talk too and have been told good things about them. Even better if they truly do cover a lifetime warranty.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm running their rear 4340 chromoly shafts and their 5.13 rear ring and pinion set. So far they are way quieter than my yukons were. They are also super beefy!

As far as made in the USA goes, there shafts are made in the USA as you stated but the gears are made in the same factory in Korea as the rest of them. What makes there gears different is how they treat them once they get them. Places like Yukon cryo treat(freeze them) where revolution actually hear treats them. The heat treating is better for it cause it makes the metal stronger.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465143732.847290.jpg .

JAGS

Hooked
I'm running these rear axle shafts as is coz dude and a few others. Had them for about a year now after bending my stock Rubi flange. I've ran these for a trip to the rubicon and Moab.

No issues with them and they were recommended by Drew at ORE. If you plan to do the install yourself, they come pre assembled and ready to go. A huge deal is the made in USA and the full warranty, including the flanges.

Edit: looks like coz posted as I was typing. [emoji106]

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm running these rear axle shafts as is coz dude and a few others. Had them for about a year now after bending my stick Rubi flange. I've ran these for a trip to the rubicon and Moab.

No issues with them and they were recommended by Drew at ORE. If you plan to do the install yourself, they come pre assembled and ready to go. A huge deal is the made in USA and the full warranty, including the flanges.

The flanges were the main selling point for me. Ten factory doesn't cover the flange and the revolution shafts are also bigger than the ten factory's

JAGS

Hooked
The flanges were the main selling point for me. Ten factory doesn't cover the flange and the revolution shafts are also bigger than the ten factory's

Yup! When Drew recommended I did some research and the company has some solid business practices. I don't know of anyone having to use the warranty yet, but that's also a good sign. [emoji106]

Exodus 4x4

I'm running these rear axle shafts as is coz dude and a few others. Had them for about a year now after bending my stock Rubi flange. I've ran these for a trip to the rubicon and Moab.

You bent your factory shafts with 35's or 37's?

Are you saying the flanges are thicker?

I think I may have "tweaked" my drivers side just a little and could use an upgrade. If Revolution flanges are indeed a little thicker then I'll be going that route until the money tree blooms enough for the rear PR60.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I think I may have "tweaked" my drivers side just a little and could use an upgrade. If Revolution flanges are indeed a little thicker then I'll be going that route until the money tree blooms enough for the rear PR60.

I bent my stock flange on 35's lol

Yes they are deff thicker! Not by much but they are. Plus the way they heat treat the steel makes it stronger

Exodus 4x4

I bent my stock flange on 35's lol

Yes they are deff thicker! Not by much but they are. Plus the way they heat treat the steel makes it stronger

Good to know. I definitely want to beef up the rear before the big trip next year and this would a good option since I doubt I'll be able to swing the 60 by then.

Hammmerhead

From what I have been told and read no

Well Im glad I didn't take advantage of a Memorial day sale on the Tens, as I almost did. Could have got the assembled kit of Tens for $400 shipped. An extra $150 is worth it.

Worth a flange warranty that is.

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I'm running their rear 4340 chromoly shafts and their 5.13 rear ring and pinion set. So far they are way quieter than my yukons were. They are also super beefy!

As far as made in the USA goes, there shafts are made in the USA as you stated but the gears are made in the same factory in Korea as the rest of them. What makes there gears different is how they treat them once they get them. Places like Yukon cryo treat(freeze them) where revolution actually hear treats them. The heat treating is better for it cause it makes the metal stronger.

View attachment 206861 .

Thanks for the review. Need to change out some parts on the wish list.

JAGS

Hooked

I bent my rear driver flange on my current set up of 37s. I had been on the 37s for about a year at the time.

JoeB-JKURX

Ten Factory Axles

I like the Revolution USA Axle lifetime warranty and the fact that they are absolutely made in the USA (I am the OP on this thread). But to be fair, I contacted the Ten Factory about their warranty and originally was told that they would warranty them under normal usage conditions. I wrote back and told them how we would be using our vehicles (lift, large tires, armor, rock crawling) and got this response from the fellow that gave me the original response:

"Apparently I was mistaken. Directly from the product manager for the TEN Factory line: “ 10 factory axles are covered unconditionally for 10 years … doesn’t matter what happens to it – it is covered !!! “"

I asked specifically about the rear axle flange and splines (as well as the U-joint and splines for the front) and got that response. This is good news for folks that already have Ten Factory axles (you may want to keep a copy of this posting as this is not what it says on their web site).

Jeepfan30

Are Revolution rear axles still the preferred choice? I have a bent rear flange that needs to be replaced. Somehow I bent it running 35's, I would like to upgrade to a stronger shaft and flange. Thanks,

Top Bottom