Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valve stem??

Fresh Catch

Valve stem??

What valve stems are you guys running on your beadlock wheels??

Factory with TPMS.
    en hopup veritas

-
    Just a rubber one. I had a stock one seized up because I had deflated/inflated so many times. I broke off the alum and was screwed. Never again

Thread resurrection.

Just pulled the trigger on some cooper stt pros. My valve stems are cracked and dry rotted to the point I can push one sideways and it'll leak. I know not safe...haha. I am going to replace them when I change the tires and am looking for recommendations. I plan on going with regular rubber non-tpms ones like I have now. Just looking for some suggestions. Any help is much appreciated.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I know when I ordered from direct tire a few years ago I got a set of 5 valve stems taped to a tire. I don’t remember paying for them and I definitely did not order them. Maybe yours will show up the same??

If your not running tpm I wouldn’t think too much about it and grab whatever is at your local auto parts or tire shop.
    en hopup veritas

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    I know when I ordered from direct tire a few years ago I got a set of 5 valve stems taped to a tire. I don’t remember paying for them and I definitely did not order them. Maybe yours will show up the same??

If your not running tpm I wouldn’t think too much about it and grab whatever is at your local auto parts or tire shop.
    That's what I was thinking. I found a set of 6 plus all tools for $10 on Amazon during prime day. I'll probably start with those.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not to derail the thread but if you have tpms and you break a valve stem off does the tpms sensor just fall into the tire? I just got a set of Colby emergence valve stems. To use them you have to pull the broken valve stem out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazbyt View Post
    Not to derail the thread but if you have tpms and you break a valve stem off does the tpms sensor just fall into the tire? I just got a set of Colby emergence valve stems. To use them you have to pull the broken valve stem out.
    If it doesn’t fall in, you could push it in. Is that what you are asking?

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    If it doesn’t fall in, you could push it in. Is that what you are asking?
    Ok thanks. When I bought the valve stem replacement I wasn't thinking about what happens to the tpms senor.

Been Around the Block doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazbyt View Post
    Ok thanks. When I bought the valve stem replacement I wasn't thinking about what happens to the tpms senor.
    Yes, the sensor is only connected to the wheel via the stem. If you break the stem and reseal it externally, then the sensor will be bouncing around in the wheel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast