Rob Burgundy's 1 ton slooow build

Rb1boxer_3

Rob's 1 ton sport build

Hey jeepers welcome to my going to be very slooow build thread. After being gone from the Jeep world for 4 long years I am back with a 13' sport ready to get things going again. Although it won't be as fast as my last build I had I will try on this one. I'm always at work so that's gonna cut my time getting to do stuff with a schedule of 20 days on 10 off, its gonna be a long while. The whole point to my build is to do it my self with the help of my 5 year old and 3 year old boys to show them a Lil something and learn new things that we can still do when they get older. My wife and I like to go camping and this would be a good thing to take for family vacations to Big bend and Moab. My last build was a brand new 12' JKUR black on black with

•3.5" rk x factor with hd tie rod
•Fox shocks
•Jcr stubby bumber
•Ace sliders
•Evo pro tek skids
•Evo corners and tire carrier
•37x13.50 nitto muds
•Trek top
•swapped out bench with front seats

I had a blast with it in the short time I had but it was ruined by the stealership when I had the infamous "tick". So I got rid of it and regretted it since :(. But now I'm back and that's in the past the future is ahead with this one and can't wait. I have so much planned for this. All yalls help and feedback would be much appreciated,). As for now I have been searching and looking day and night for everything I need and want to do with it. So hang in there. But for now here's the plan. It may and can change :

• 1 tons from a Ford already found
•5.38 gears
•Detroit, OX or arb lockers?
• artec truss to bolt in factory jk
•8x6.5 beadlocks either 17 or 20
•40x15.50s
•Evo protek
•Evo 1/2 lb bumper stinger
•Evo sliders skins
•Evo Builder corners
•Tire carrier? not sure yet
•lift ? Not sure long arm or short
•1350 Adams driveshafts
•Rock hard sport cage
•Arb compressor
•Warn zeon 12s winch
•psc ram assist
•rubi tcase or aaa
•rubi sway bar disconnect

Idk what else I could be missing if you see something let me know. The thing I'm torn between is the lift as I do want to run coil overs but also thinking of a spring lift on the set up I want and if so what lift. And on the tire carrier I loved my Evo one I just hated having to open and close it on my last jeep I was thinking of crawler conceptz hinged one. As you know my jeep is a sport with d30 and 44 rear 3.21 gears. And I know I don't need 1 tons or 40s. I kinda just want it so I know I'll be Ok when I do go out on trails and stuff, or should i go another way. Most likely just be mud fest hidden falls since it's an hr away and the beach. Once a year hopefully go out of state and do moab Rausch creek(sister lives near there) and others . I know it might be over kill but I'm trying to figure out what's easier save money for a pr44 and rubi take off rear and run 37s or junkyard axles 800 for both in good condition and do it myself piece by piece not all spent at once. Again any feedback or advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

dillard09

Wow. Sounds like a great build. Look forward to watching the Lil sport grow up. BTW welcome to the family!

Ddays

Hooked
Looks like a great build coming up. Awesome that you're including the young 'uns. I'll always remember the projects I had with my Dad growing up.
Post lots of updates!

Rb1boxer_3

What year Ford axles are u using? 99-04? Or 05+?

I'm going with 99-04 axles I already found some 03 just need to go and check it out when I get home. If not I found 01 near my house at a junk yard. I wanted 05+ cause of the 72" width but I've read a few things and thinking the 99-04 is a lot easier and more stuff for it.

GR8WHITE

I'm going with 99-04 axles I already found some 03 just need to go and check it out when I get home. If not I found 01 near my house at a junk yard. I wanted 05+ cause of the 72" width but I've read a few things and thinking the 99-04 is a lot easier and more stuff for it.

Good choice. Definitely more support as far as getting strong Yukon 35 spline hubs and chromoly shafts. Also the prep work is way easier because u don't have to cut off the huge link mounts that are on the 05+ D60.

Last edited:

Rb1boxer_3

Good choice. Definitely more support as far as getting strong Yukon 35 spline hubs and chromoly shafts. Also the prep work is way easier because u don't have to cut off the huge link mounts that are on the 05+ D60.

Oh alright I'll look into Yukon parts. And oh good thing then going with the earlier yrs

GR8WHITE

Oh alright I'll look into Yukon parts. And oh good thing then going with the earlier yrs

Idk if you already know this or not but be careful because in that year range some of the trucks had Dana 50 P.O.S. Axle. Just make sure its a 60 and you will be good.

Rb1boxer_3

Idk if you already know this or not but be careful because in that year range some of the trucks had Dana 50 P.O.S. Axle. Just make sure its a 60 and you will be good.

Yupp already on top of that. I've read a lot this past week on that and parts I need to make work and everything ,) i would hate to have that happen. thanks.

Rb1boxer_3

Well like I said slooow build thread. Buying piece by piece lol just ordered my 1/4 lb bumper and stinger. It'll be here July 7th I'll be off the 10th and get to put it on :) . Next will be sliders.

Rb1boxer_3

Been busy at work lately and I finally got my bumper on. About 5 days with it on and some kid backed up into me at McDonald's thankfully I had it on or my stocker would have been damaged pretty good. It just got a Lil scratch this thing is stout and glad i got this bumper and not another. His car on the other had lol well broken tail light dent in quarter panel and trunk. Well next up are sliders they'll be here Monday can't wait for those. I got the angled ones to use as a step for the kids.

Attachments

• 1472062739806.jpg
    1472062739806.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 403

Rb1boxer_3

Oh yeah got my sliders in today will be putting them on sometime this week hopefully, at least when I get time to paint.

Attachments

• 1472518004912.jpg
    1472518004912.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 361

Rb1boxer_3

I cut my fenders still haven't had time to put on my evo sliders but will be doing that next Friday. I changed my mind and I'm going with a 02' 14 bolt I found for 300.

Attachments

• 1474170226172.jpg
    1474170226172.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 338

Rb1boxer_3

Well I got my sliders welded on finally I like them but think I should have went with the regular ones instead of angled. . Then this weekend I'll pick up my 14 bolt and start working on that slow but steady.

Out in the Boonies

Last edited:
Top Bottom