Sound system question

FishsJK

Just purchased a new RBZ from a 2014 Jeep and I'm wondering if the front usb plug on the face will let me stream my music from my iPhone or if I need something else. I'm also interested in upgrading my speakers. I have the 7 speaker infinity sound system in my 07 and I want more out of it I have upgraded the speakers in the past but it ends up sounding like a tin can due to the upgraded speakers sounding so crisp with minimal bass. My last jeep had two 12's in it and I miss that but there's no way I'm off-roading with those in the back again and I'm not upgrading the HU to anything besides stock.... Any ideas?

Skid_Kid

Just purchased a new RBZ from a 2014 Jeep and I'm wondering if the front usb plug on the face will let me stream my music from my iPhone or if I need something else. I'm also interested in upgrading my speakers. I have the 7 speaker infinity sound system in my 07 and I want more out of it I have upgraded the speakers in the past but it ends up sounding like a tin can due to the upgraded speakers sounding so crisp with minimal bass. My last jeep had two 12's in it and I miss that but there's no way I'm off-roading with those in the back again and I'm not upgrading the HU to anything besides stock.... Any ideas?

Are you sure that the RBZ from the 2014 is comparable with your 2007? Pretty sure they had low speed and high speed versions. If it does work, the USB will let you stream from your iPhone.

JeepJeep75

Only one way to find out. Try it! The dash is super easy to disassemble and get the radio out. YouTube is your friend for that. The newer head unit might ask you for a security code. This might or might not suck. I installed Navtool on my '15 730n. Upon first fire up the head unit wanted a security code. I don't know it, so I thought I was screwed. As soon as I started the jeep the code request went away and everything worked as it should. Seeing as you already have the newer unit, try it. See if it works! [emoji106]

Pyro1415

It should work. I have a newer Sahara receiver in my 2010 and everything but sat and cellphone work on it.

FishsJK

I know the radio will work I have done quite a bit of research just interested in if the USB port on the face will let me charge and control my 6S or if I need to purchase the seperate cord for the glovebox because I don't have the 2011+ glovebox USB. I also have the security code for it. I'm quite excited the radio I'm getting has the newest 5.0 software with new graphics and I got the Uconnect module all for $425 the guy on eBay had no clue what he had.. So I just saved myself some serious bank. As far as upgrading speakers and sub has anyone done this? I'm more interested in whether upgrading just the speakers makes it sound like a tin can.. I guess I could always order the full setup from Best Buy and return it if it sounds awful but I don't like doing stuff like that.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Not sure which version my Dads grand cherokee has off the top of my head, but it will charge and play your iphone through the front port :thumb:

Top Bottom