Black Betty Build Thread

RageKage

So I haven't made a built thread yet but figured I would start since I just ordered some more parts. Here's what I got so far...
6.5 inch BDS long arm lift kit
Smittybilt XRC fender armor front and rear
Rugged ridge cowl corner covers (dimple covers)
Wild boar front grab handles
Jeep tire tread floor mats (can't remember actual name or brand)
Poison Spyder Tramp Stamp II license plate relocation bracket
Rampage retractable side steps/rocker guards
4' CB antenna (used as a flag holder for now)
Shorty am/fm radio antenna
37x12.50R18 Nitto trail grapplers
18 inch KMC XD Rockstar II rims
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465543374.980615.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465543409.495802.jpg
Oh, and don't forget my WAL windshield decal!!!

Last edited:

RageKage

Just ordered a Synergy chromoly tie rod, JKS adjustable front track bar, EVO drag link flip kit, synergy track bar reinforcement bracket, and a pair of trucklites! Super stoked. Finally I can fix my DW and have some awesome headlights!

RageKage

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466907637.120234.jpg old lights ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466907655.104539.jpg new trucklites installed ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466907697.376167.jpg foot pegs installed ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466907724.759807.jpg rear grab bars installed ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466907742.511502.jpg console cover installed ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466907835.066487.jpg going under the knife ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466907866.951947.jpg tie rod coming out ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466907958.091360.jpg drag link out ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466907972.758996.jpg track bar coming out ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466908002.710945.jpg track bar brace all done ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466908054.365172.jpg adjustable track bar in, EVO drag link flip in progress. It's all coming along nicely. Been a busy day for sure!

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Another Black Betty! Totally accidentally unintentionally stole your jeep's name. Love your progress. Hope to get my steering upgraded at some point when I hit the DW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

RageKage

Another Black Betty! Totally accidentally unintentionally stole your jeep's name. Love your progress. Hope to get my steering upgraded at some point when I hit the DW.

Hahaha Thanks! I seen your jeeps name the other day. I wasn't too dead set on the name. Just first thing that popped in my head when name searching. Most likely going to change it just not sure to what. Only thing that even has black Betty on it is this forum. Good thing I didn't have it painted on the hood! 🤣 yea I had DW and that's what lead to the steering upgrade only come to find out it was an ovaled out track bar mounting hole at the frame. But hey, got everything else upgraded anyways [emoji1303] most likely going to do a synergy drag link in the future and possibly synergy track bar cuz I've been looking at synergy's sector shaft brace and it's growing on me especially after hearing the stories of sector shafts breaking and I'm pushing around 37's on the stock gear box with no assist.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Same here. Not crazy about the name but it was the first thing I thought of hah. Was kinda weird seeing this thread because I have the same rims but in 17 and same tires but 35s. Same grab handles, mesh shade and I'm really wanting those retractable sliders. Definitely want to upgrade to 37s at one point also.

RageKage

Same here. Not crazy about the name but it was the first thing I thought of hah. Was kinda weird seeing this thread because I have the same rims but in 17 and same tires but 35s. Same grab handles, mesh shade and I'm really wanting those retractable sliders. Definitely want to upgrade to 37s at one point also.

NICE! It's almost like we're twinning. Lol [emoji23] as unheterosexual as that sounded. If you do pretty hard wheeling or go places where you have to slide on the rockers I would highly advise you to not get these steps. They were honestly purchased for nothing more than steps to help my wife get in and I liked how they retracted to a rocker guard position. But they are mounted to the body and pinch seam, definitely would not take a big hit without causing body damage. They are excellent as "hide away" steps tho!

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
NICE! It's almost like we're twinning. Lol [emoji23] as unheterosexual as that sounded. If you do pretty hard wheeling or go places where you have to slide on the rockers I would highly advise you to not get these steps. They were honestly purchased for nothing more than steps to help my wife get in and I liked how they retracted to a rocker guard position. But they are mounted to the body and pinch seam, definitely would not take a big hit without causing body damage. They are excellent as "hide away" steps tho!

I just need some steps for the folks wanting to ride that are vertically challenged. I don't wheel hard at all. Actually haven't done anything besides mud and dirt atm. I'm planning to start hitting trails in TN, GA, and AR in the next year or two after I do some upgrades. I'm waiting to see how the Lod destroyer sliders pan out when they get released before I buy anything. I most likely will go with them.

RageKage

I just need some steps for the folks wanting to ride that are vertically challenged. I don't wheel hard at all. Actually haven't done anything besides mud and dirt atm. I'm planning to start hitting trails in TN, GA, and AR in the next year or two after I do some upgrades. I'm waiting to see how the Lod destroyer sliders pan out when they get released before I buy anything. I most likely will go with them.

Yea I'm 6'3" so I rarely use them unless I park in a ditch and the jeep is straddling the lowest part of it. My wife is 5'8" but with a 6 1/2" lift they make it a lot easier for her, more so now that she's 9 months pregnant. Happy wife = more jeep parts! LOL

Top Bottom