3.8L exhaust manifold

FishsJK

My driver side is making that noise.... Has anyone ever replaced it themselves I can get the oem one from QTec for like 68$ just wondering how long install takes.

tdougherty81

My driver side is making that noise.... Has anyone ever replaced it themselves I can get the oem one from QTec for like 68$ just wondering how long install takes.

Not long at all, maybe an hour or so the drivers side. Did mine not long ago. I had some issues, previous owner broke a bolt. Spent some time extracting it. Other than that it was fairly easy.

FishsJK

Thanks man, seeing that your plugs are uncapped did you change the plugs at the same time? Also did you go oem?

geberhard

Douchebag
I replaced mine with a Crown manifold, kit has thicker tubing and better webbing, the OEM sucks. Took me about 40 minutes just spray some PB blaster a day before engine mild warm, then remove with engine mild warm, not cold or hot.

Good luck!

Gui

FishsJK

I replaced mine with a Crown manifold, kit has thicker tubing and better webbing, the OEM sucks. Took me about 40 minutes just spray some PB blaster a day before engine mild warm, then remove with engine mild warm, not cold or hot.

Good luck!

Gui

Thanks for that tip! Crown auto part ordered!

jeeeep

Hooked

Good luck!

Gui

Thanks for that tip! Crown auto part ordered!

I tried the Crown manifolds for my 2010 but the castings were really bad and fit not so hot. NAPA swapped them out but the swaps weren't any better. I went with mopar, they are slightly redesigned, look better than stock.

The driver side is easier to replace than the passenger side.

Jitsujeeper

I replaced my drivers side at roughly 20k (under warranty) 45k, 80k and now at 135 it needs it again. The 1st two were oem replacements, the last one is a crown part. The crown cracked in the exact spot as all the others...

I wonder if anyone ever figured out why it does this.

thombull

I believe that the reason why they are cracking is from being really hot then getting wet either by water crossing, spray while washing the Jeep or similar..... I replaced my cracked manifolds with JBA headers and no more problems so far.....

FishsJK

It took me an hour and a half to replace it.. Easy as pie! Thanks for all the responses to this guys, love a helpful forum!

Top Bottom