Evo Enforcer

Lukasavage

Hello All,
So like many clueless NEW people on this site, I am going to start my post off with the disclaimer that I am sure this has been addressed before. With that being said, I have finally decided on the suspension upgrade that I want. Evo enforcer; I know it has a lot of supporters on here, and everyone is always singing their praises. I have decided on the 3 or 4" Enforcer kit with the plush springs. I currently have a bone stock 2015 JKU. I plan on using it as a daily driver, I commute 20 miles each way to work. I wont be doing a lot of wheeling, but if I see a nice dirty field or off-road adventure, I want to be able to hold my own. I probably take the jeep off the road twice a month or so, and dont get into anything too crazy. With my setup, I plan on going with 37" (I know it is overkill and totally unnecessary, but I love the look so please no lectures), so here is my problem...

I have a 150lbs rock-slide engineering rigid full front bumper and a 90 lbs Smittybilt X20 winch. with just those two combined, we are talking about 250lbs of weight on the front. On the rear, I will have a 37" tire, carrier, and currently have a Rugged Ridge rear bumper. All-in-all, about another 250lbs. My concern is getting the right size lift for the weight I will be carrying. I want a about 3" of lift, but I am afraid that with the weight on the suspension, I will need to size up to the lift to a 4" in the front to actually get the 3". This is where I wanted your thoughts and advice. I am really looking for a nice even stance and want to avoid the nose down sagging because of the weight. I do not want to do a simple leveling kit. I want to be able to play around on the rocks, and I know that a simple leveling kit will just leave me wanting more. I have flat fenders on the way, so if i can get away with the 3" and 37's, then that is perfect, but I wanted to see the suggestions on the proper size.

Last big question for the day; taking the weight into account, and the fact that I have a hardtop JKU, does anyone know what the final height would be from the top of the roof to the ground, after the 3 or 4" lift and tires are installed? I want to know if I will be able to still keep this in the garage. That will play a pretty big factor in my choice on what size I will end up going with as well.

Anyway, I am super excited to be on this site, I know there are a lot of great people out here that are full of knowledge, so I appreciate the help.

scull20

I don't have my hard top on at the moment but I can tell you that my 3" enforcer with 35" mud grapplers at 30 psi measures about 76" to the top of the clips for the sunrider top. I fit in my garage BARELY...but most likely due to my fat ass weighing it down lol.

Last edited:
When you say jku you mean it has a d30 up front? I've heard very bad things about people running 37s on a d30 I would also look into gussets. Just something to keep in mind. As far as the size goes I personally like the 3inch enforcer with 37s, I have the 3 inch enforcer with 35s and it's perfect for me!

JAGS

Hooked
Hello All,
So like many clueless NEW people on this site, I am going to start my post off with the disclaimer that I am sure this has been addressed before. With that being said, I have finally decided on the suspension upgrade that I want. Evo enforcer; I know it has a lot of supporters on here, and everyone is always singing their praises. I have decided on the 3 or 4" Enforcer kit with the plush springs. I currently have a bone stock 2015 JKU. I plan on using it as a daily driver, I commute 20 miles each way to work. I wont be doing a lot of wheeling, but if I see a nice dirty field or off-road adventure, I want to be able to hold my own. I probably take the jeep off the road twice a month or so, and dont get into anything too crazy. With my setup, I plan on going with 37" (I know it is overkill and totally unnecessary, but I love the look so please no lectures), so here is my problem...

I have a 150lbs rock-slide engineering rigid full front bumper and a 90 lbs Smittybilt X20 winch. with just those two combined, we are talking about 250lbs of weight on the front. On the rear, I will have a 37" tire, carrier, and currently have a Rugged Ridge rear bumper. All-in-all, about another 250lbs. My concern is getting the right size lift for the weight I will be carrying. I want a about 3" of lift, but I am afraid that with the weight on the suspension, I will need to size up to the lift to a 4" in the front to actually get the 3". This is where I wanted your thoughts and advice. I am really looking for a nice even stance and want to avoid the nose down sagging because of the weight. I do not want to do a simple leveling kit. I want to be able to play around on the rocks, and I know that a simple leveling kit will just leave me wanting more. I have flat fenders on the way, so if i can get away with the 3" and 37's, then that is perfect, but I wanted to see the suggestions on the proper size.

Last big question for the day; taking the weight into account, and the fact that I have a hardtop JKU, does anyone know what the final height would be from the top of the roof to the ground, after the 3 or 4" lift and tires are installed? I want to know if I will be able to still keep this in the garage. That will play a pretty big factor in my choice on what size I will end up going with as well.

Anyway, I am super excited to be on this site, I know there are a lot of great people out here that are full of knowledge, so I appreciate the help.

When you say jku you mean it has a d30 up front? I've heard very bad things about people running 37s on a d30 I would also look into gussets. Just something to keep in mind. As far as the size goes I personally like the 3inch enforcer with 37s, I have the 3 inch enforcer with 35s and it's perfect for me!

At very minimum you need some gussets. Run the D30 till you can't. Then you can always upgrade later as budget allows.

As for height, if you plan to actually wheel, I would NOT do a 3" lift with 37s. You will end up bottoming out your shocks if you travel with any gear.

My jeep fits in the garage no problem. Just have to to remember to take off the CB antenna after wheeling trips.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
As for height, if you plan to actually wheel, I would NOT do a 3" lift with 37s. You will end up bottoming out your shocks if you travel with any gear.

Really? I must be doing something wrong. I will send my jeep over to you to fix up.

JAGS

Hooked
Really? I must be doing something wrong. I will send my jeep over to you to fix up.

You are running 3" plush rides on your new four door? Congrats. [emoji106]

Just send it to ORE I'll pick up the tab. [emoji6]

I've known several people who regretted going 3" plush rides with 37". Didn't say wasn't doable, just that several folks ended up switching to the 4" coils. And noted if you load it with gear.

303DAILY

I am in that boat right now, I went three inches and am looking to go four. Then I can get the Evo rear shock relocates without bottoming out the shocks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You are running 3" plush rides on your new four door? Congrats. [emoji106]

Just send it to ORE I'll pick up the tab. [emoji6]

I've known several people who regretted going 3" plush rides with 37". Didn't say wasn't doable, just that several folks ended up switching to the 4" coils. And noted if you load it with gear.

Well you gotta remember it's different for a 2 door and 4 door lol.

JAGS

Hooked
I am in that boat right now, I went three inches and am looking to go four. Then I can get the Evo rear shock relocates without bottoming out the shocks.

Some might say you are doing it wrong. [emoji6]

If you look at the larger enforcer thread, you will see others that looked to do the same. Not all, just sharing so folks can make there own mind.

303DAILY

Some might say you are doing it wrong. [emoji6]

If you look at the larger enforcer thread, you will see others that looked to do the same. Not all, just sharing so folks can make there own mind.

Ha ha I did and now I may have to um.... Do something that someone else said. I hate that

A.J.

I don't have my hard top on at the moment but I can tell you that my 3" enforcer with 35" mud grapplers at 30 psi measures about 76" to the top of the clips for the sunrider top. I fit in my garage BARELY...but most likely due to my fat ass weighing it down lol.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466134831.350728.jpg
4" with 37's in the garage.

Maybe im missing the point of this thread.. but....what does bottoming out shocks have to do with 3" or 4" coils?. If its setup with the correct shock and bumpstop?

303jkpatriot

Coloradan and I both run the 3" Enforcer and love the kit, but we have both noticed (him especially) when you start adding Armor on (sliders, skids, bumpers, tire carrier) you lose some of that height. With the weight of the 37s and the tire carrier, coupled with your weight up front, I would almost go with the 4". Either way, you won't be disappointed in the lift!

trailless

Caught the Bug
Maybe im missing the point of this thread.. but....what does bottoming out shocks have to do with 3" or 4" coils?. If its setup with the correct shock and bumpstop?

JAGS could have meant he was hitting his bump stops more often than not when loaded down with gear.

Top Bottom