Camping equipment recomendations

p38

Caught the Bug
Not sure this is in the correct forum, but here goes: Getting ready to go on the Rubicon - first time, but not my first time off-road. It will, however, be my first time camping. Normally I am a light switch, running water, FLUSH toilet guy - but I have relented and agreed to give it a try. I am trying to put together a list of equipment and would appreciate hearing from those with more experience which would be the best choices. Also, any and all recommendations for what to include.

Here's my jeep and a list of equipment so far: IMG_2403.jpg

Vehicle: 1953 M38A1 stretched to 102" wheelbase, Chevy 350 w/TBI, SM420, Atlas Xfer case, Dana 40/60 w/lockers frnt & rear, 37s on bead locks, spring-over w/4" lift, 1 1/2" body lift, PSC power steering, on-board air, approx 30 gals fuel tank, dual batteries, 250 amp alt, inverter, Warn 8274.

Equipt (so far): Auto-home pop-up camper with awning and side shelter, Luna 52 fridge/freezer, Yeti 50, Derrick tankless water heater/shower, 10lb propane bottle - roll bar mount, 2.5 lb fire extinguisher - roll bar mount, ARB recovery gear, auto-deflators, air hose/tire chuck/gauge - etc., spare tire, spare fuel can, water storage tank, first aid kits, aux 12v lights, flashlights, and battery lights.

I have a good compliment of tools and spares kit - serpentine belt, radiator/heater hoses, thermostat, spark plugs, all fluids, valve stems/cores, tie rod ends, cv joints, brake lines, wheel bearings, seals, etc., and of course - jumper cables.

To be added: Sleeping bag, stove, cookware, dinning ware, etc - whatever you folks can recommend.

Please feel free to make suggestions or question anything I have listed.

I appreciate your help, thank you.

Moochie

You will need to bring Wag bags or similar to haul out your bodily solid discharge. No burying allowed and you might need to show that you are carrying the bags (empty) to the poop authorities. It's best to use the few outhouses (can be nasty) that are spread out on the trail.

WJCO

Meme King
I had a Survival store owner tell me once that he broke outdoor gear into 4 essentials: Food, Water, Shelter, Protection. Basically have that all covered for the time you're out there, the weather you might run into, etc. Shelter and Protection can include your clothing. Bring rain gear, etc. Protection can also include any weapon you feel comfortable carrying to defend yourself against any aggressive 4-legged or 2-legged animal.

Top Bottom