After market lockers for front rubicon Dana 44

Lots of choices. I run ARB air lockers front and rear and enjoy them. You could also run a lunchbox locker like an Aussie, or an e locker like an Eaton. Search the forum, I'm sure there's donzens of threads on this.

swampdog

Yeah man, as many failures as you read about the e-locker, and the price is comparable, the ARB was a no brainer for me. You will love it.

swampdog

Did you need the 35 spline shafts

Need is a very objective word. For me, all of the ARBs for the rear 44 were the same price so it made since to go with the 35 chromolys for a few hundred extra bucks and know I had a rear end that should be able to handle everything I throw at it where I wheel. I plan to do the same for the front. The only downside is spares aren't as prevalent as the stock spline counts so you are most likely going to be buying a new set if you want spares.

Jeeper125

Need is a very objective word. For me, all of the ARBs for the rear 44 were the same price so it made since to go with the 35 chromolys for a few hundred extra bucks and know I had a rear end that should be able to handle everything I throw at it where I wheel. I plan to do the same for the front. The only downside is spares aren't as prevalent as the stock spline counts so you are most likely going to be buying a new set if you want spares.

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

xflstl

Just did the Arb 35 spline front and rear in my Gf's Jku, Evo truss, and rcv's.

From what evo and northridge4x4 told me there are only 2 lockers that work with the Rubi front 44 , the Arb 35 spline and the factory lockers.

Very few choices for d44 35 spline front shafts as well... I would however think most places could and would custom make them.

Attachments

• 1466397740267.jpg
    1466397740267.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 1466397758971.jpg
    1466397758971.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 134

Jeeper125

Seems like I'm going to go with ox because I'm on a tight budget and not looking to spend the extra money for the 35 spline shafts

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Seems like I'm going to go with ox because I'm on a tight budget and not looking to spend the extra money for the 35 spline shafts

I fried my front locker and had it replaced with an Ox locker for that exact reason. I spent the money on a regear while they were at it and couldn't afford to tack on new shafts at the same time, plus the required compressor for the ARB.

If and when I replace the whole axle assembly, I'll probably do ARBs, but I've had absolutely no complaints with the Ox.

Jeeper125

[Q UOTE=nmwranglerx;724394]Are both of your OEM lockers shot?[/QUOTE]
doing a j8 axle swap this summer and looking to lock it up

Exodus 4x4

I fried my front locker and had it replaced with an Ox locker for that exact reason. I spent the money on a regear while they were at it and couldn't afford to tack on new shafts at the same time, plus the required compressor for the ARB.

If and when I replace the whole axle assembly, I'll probably do ARBs, but I've had absolutely no complaints with the Ox.

I didn't realize there was a locker available that could be engaged/disengaged by a cable instead of air or electric. I was thinking of swapping my factory lockers to air someday but I start thinking "what ifs" and the air line breaking somewhere or compressor taking a shit, especially when I need it this most. Be curious to hear some of the opinions on that.

Top Bottom