Denver Area - July 31 - Aug 3 - Black Bear / Imogen / Ouray / Telluride Run

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Hey Folks,

d-nought and I are going to be running many of the big trails between Ouray and Telluride Sunday July 31 through August 3. We'll be staying in Ouray for our base camp at some glamping huts. Not sure any are available, but there are several local inns and hotels or you could primitive camp and join us.

Just wanted to post it up in case anyone wants to join. More the merrier!

boardsurfer

Ooh. Subscribed for updates. I'll check calendar. Will there be minimum requirements for this?

There you go doubting your Jeep again. :crazyeyes: Black Bear might be scary, but I'm pretty sure it isn't difficult. Not sure what else they have planned, but I had to give you shit. :thumb:

GraniteCrystal

There you go doubting your Jeep again. :crazyeyes: Black Bear might be scary, but I'm pretty sure it isn't difficult. Not sure what else they have planned, but I had to give you shit. :thumb:

Ha, I know, I know. Scout proved to be quite capable last weekend. Black Bear is on my bucket list. Saw a Renegade do it, so no worries there. More so just looking for more incentive (excuse?) to hurry along to 37s :)

Linebacker

Caught the Bug

Black Bear can be run easily with a stocker. The pucker factor however is very high. I ran Imogene with my stock JKUR last year. You'll get a couple of new wrinkles in your skid plate but the are no major obstacles if you pick your lines carefully. You'll have a great time.:yup:

uberc4

Looks like I will be in Colorado around the same time. Would love to run some trails with y'all! Subscribed

Last edited:

NAUJK

Depending on the state of my rig at that point in time... Currently installing a ProRock 60 with ARB in the rear and it needs a head gasket (hopefully not a new head along with it). If Its all up and running and good to go at that time and I can get the time off work I may join yall up there!!

13427951_10154301642117460_129528608485240026_n.jpg

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Depending on the state of my rig at that point in time... Currently installing a ProRock 60 with ARB in the rear and it needs a head gasket (hopefully not a new head along with it). If Its all up and running and good to go at that time and I can get the time off work I may join yall up there!!

View attachment 209369

That would be awesome. Let us know later in July when you know more..

Oh man... would love to hit the trails with you guys while I'm here but that's the weekend start of the 'All 4 Fun' event put on by the 'mile high' club which we signed up for since we were up here. Have fun and hope to catch ya next time!

Bosunmate

I'm planning a Colorado high mountain pass trip also around 1-10th Sept. Black Bear Pass is on my bucket list for sure. Please post a trip report! Have fun!

GraniteCrystal

So it's looking like I may be there the week before you guys. I'm sure I'll put up pics but if you don't see anything, ping me for a trail report.

Also, I haven't looked but are there any big events near then I should avoid? Or hook up with?

dillard09

So it's looking like I may be there the week before you guys. I'm sure I'll put up pics but if you don't see anything, ping me for a trail report.

Also, I haven't looked but are there any big events near then I should avoid? Or hook up with?

Yes. July 20 -24 will be the FJ Summit. Happens every year around the same time.
Also I will be there just after u all around 4th- 12th. If anyone will be around then.

Last edited:

Jrscfa

Hey, do you have anymore info on the camping? Is it on the trails...campground with showers? Would we.be returning to Oury.each night in the event of a hotel stay?
Thx

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Hey, do you have anymore info on the camping? Is it on the trails...campground with showers? Would we.be returning to Oury.each night in the event of a hotel stay?
Thx

Yes we're returning each night, but yeah its a camp cabin place so common showers and little huts on the north side of town. Not sure if they have any open but you could camp primitive at any number of places around or hotel it.

uberc4

Hopefully my Jeep will be done by then so I can meet up with y'all. It's taking a little 2 week vacation to ORE.

dillard09

Hopefully my Jeep will be done by then so I can meet up with y'all. It's taking a little 2 week vacation to ORE.

Sweet! When is it going to ORE and what are you doing? When are you planning your trip to Colorado? I finally nailed down Aug 4-12.

COLOJK

Looks like I will be down there that weekend running some trails with a good buddy of mine and our girlfriends.

uberc4

My pickup date is around July 15th. So I'll be able to make it up there the 31th-3rd!! Any recommendations on where to stay?

Top Bottom