Locker light Flashing on Dash

DINKELROC

I'm hoping to get some help here, I reciently did a front axel housing swap to a Pro-Rock 44 and I had to replace the locker sensor. I installed the sensor before I installed the locker and saw on youtube how you have to pin it open all the way then release it so it snaps back aginst the thin plate on the locker actuator. Is this the correct position for the sensor, or could the problem be from the teflon tape I wraped on the sensor before I installed it into the housing? The light starts flashing as soon as the other dash lights go out with the key in the "on" position and keeps flashing as if I was trying to engage the locker. Thanks in advance.

Exodus 4x4

Sounds like you did everything right. Why did you replace the sensor to begin with? If you installed it incorrectly the first time and bent the plunger on the sensor, you could have also potentially caused damage to the magnet that engages the locker. Can you tell if your locker is engaging and it's just a faulty sensor?

DINKELROC

Originally the sensor was installed wrong by a "Friend of a friend" who worked for Chrysler for several years, and set the ring and pinion for me. He installed the old sensor after the diff assembly was installed and the tip of the sensor was lodged between the thin plate and the magnet body which resulted in locker being engaged full time. I proceeded to get the new sensor for that reason, and the old one was cracked where the wires attached, and install it in the manner described previously. The locker seems to be working correctly, locking the axle and with the light staying on solid once the locker engages. Which is only in 4low correct? could the sensor be in too far? I just ran it in until it was tight? Appreciate your feedback.

Exodus 4x4

If the light goes solid when the locker is engaged then it's in the right position. I'd be real surprised if something else wasn't damaged when he installed the sensor incorrectly the first time and it's causing this issue. Are you sure the plate wasn't bent out just enough to make the sensor think the locker is in transition?

DINKELROC

I can't be sure unless I take it apart again... Sounds like I will have to.:thumb: Thanks for the info. Besides the irritatation of the blinking light it should be ok to drive? just a bad signal from the sensor? Taking a trip for the 4th and may not have time to tear apart before I go.

Exodus 4x4

I think you would be ok since those parts don't really rotate. Then again, I had someone do the same thing to mine and now the locker doesn't work so my advice is fix the shit as soon as you can before you really screw something up.

The same thing happened to me during a recent regear, except now my locker is inoperable. Initially my locker would engage, but wouldn't disengage. I finally got it to disengage but now it won't engage. I think I can fix it by replacing the magnet and if that's the route you have to go look for the thread I started on the magnet. The part number is in there. You may need it.

Top Bottom