Bronco Canyon??

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I've been looking for a fun, challenging trail near Reno. I'm on 35s with open diffs 30 front (housing has been beefed up) I was just curious if Bronco Canyon is passable without lockers? I like to test my rigs limits, so difficult is fine with me. I also don't want to completely waste my time if there is no chance with my current setup. Any experiences in that area would be appreciated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With the exception of the last obstacle before climbing out of the canyon, you can pretty much choose the lines you want to take and make things as hard or easy as you want. We've taken people up with 35's and no lockers but you really should go with someone else just in case.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
With the exception of the last obstacle before climbing out of the canyon, you can pretty much choose the lines you want to take and make things as hard or easy as you want. We've taken people up with 35's and no lockers but you really should go with someone else just in case.

Thank you, that is just what I wanted to hear. [emoji106][emoji106]

benatc1

Hooked
I've been looking for a fun, challenging trail near Reno. I'm on 35s with open diffs 30 front (housing has been beefed up) I was just curious if Bronco Canyon is passable without lockers? I like to test my rigs limits, so difficult is fine with me. I also don't want to completely waste my time if there is no chance with my current setup. Any experiences in that area would be appreciated.

When I did it a few months back we bypassed the last obstacle (was the first for us as we came in the opposite way) due to very deep water. But i agree with Eddie, you can choose your lines and expect some good rock crawling even though the canyon itself is fairly short, when are you thinking of going? id be more than happy to do it again if the schedule could match up

MiamiU1999

Let me know when you're planning it. I've been down in that area, but never went through Bronco Canyon. Have driven other trails back there from the dump to Virginia City.

I'm slowly building my jeep. Still have a 30 front and 35s. Next project, hopefully, by January is a new front axle, air lockers and gearing change.

I would love to tag along

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You should know that the trail leading into the canyon is REALLY THICK WITH BRUSH. In other words, your paintjob and soft top windows WILL get a heavy set of custom pin stripping. Just something to be aware of.

That being said, let us know when you're planning to go.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
July 3rd might work perfectly for me, since the wife will be busy that whole day and I can just bring the kids, like our last adventure.

Color my very interested, green with envy almost.

Ben, was there much of a concern regarding Nevada pin striping?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
July 3rd might work perfectly for me, since the wife will be busy that whole day and I can just bring the kids, like our last adventure.

My wife (getting more pregnant every day) is not interested, so I think I'm gonna try to get our friend josh to come along.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If Ben did it a few months ago, the brush will be much more grown out and probably more brittle (i.e. more pinstriping) now. It is what it is...this is Nevada and these are Jeeps...pinstriping is somewhat unavoidable unless you want a pavement princess. :bleh:

Here is my question: is it worth it to make this run in a stock JKUR or would I pretty much have to just drive along side of everyone on a dirt road?

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
If Ben did it a few months ago, the brush will be much more grown out and probably more brittle (i.e. more pinstriping) now. It is what it is...this is Nevada and these are Jeeps...pinstriping is somewhat unavoidable unless you want a pavement princess. :bleh:

Here is my question: is it worth it to make this run in a stock JKUR or would I pretty much have to just drive along side of everyone on a dirt road?

You are invited to ride in RubySky if you want. The kids like you and would love to have you aboard. You can also tell me how bad of a driver I am and so my experience will increase two fold. Can't wait!!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You are invited to ride in RubySky if you want. The kids like you and would love to have you aboard. You can also tell me how bad of a driver I am and so my experience will increase two fold. Can't wait!!

I appreciate the offer, but now that I have a Jeep again I like to drive more than ride. ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

You could totally run this trail stock so long as you go with others and bypass the bigger rocks. There's plenty for you to challenge yourself on too.

benatc1

Hooked

There was a decent amount over over grown brush, i got some pin stripes but it wasnt to bad at the time, but Agree with Sharkey there will be much more now

Agreed, on both levels, there will be more and it is what it is.. Also you seem to be a pretty good driver and to get all that the Shark Tank will give you so why not see how much it can handle

Hows everyone feeling about Sunday July 3rd? Figure holiday weekend, good chances more can make it.

I cant make the 3rd as I will be in lake Tahoe for the weekend but will be free again later in July if you guys decide to wait

Top Bottom