Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow rigs

Quote Originally Posted by Gobicon2017 View Post
    No Jeep for now but Iíve got my tow rig covered for the new gladiator when that day comes. Itís a 2018 platinum f-150 dieselAttachment 321464

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Nice! Does the diesel have the 10 speed Trans?

Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobicon2017 View Post
    No Jeep for now but Iíve got my tow rig covered for the new gladiator when that day comes. Itís a 2018 platinum f-150 dieselAttachment 321464

How much can weight can that thing tow? Been looking at tow rigs for a bit and I thought 1500s or 150s wouldnít be enough to tow a Jeep on a trailer. Am I way off on that?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Aussie View Post
    How much can weight can that thing tow? Been looking at tow rigs for a bit and I thought 1500s or 150s wouldnít be enough to tow a Jeep on a trailer. Am I way off on that?

You are behind the times is all.

There has been a capacity war in the "half ton" class.
    Ford says up to 13,200 towing, depending on how it is equipped.

I had a Ram 1500 diesel, it was rated for 9,900, and would do it with ease, and get 20 mpg doing it.
    That said, I'm not sure how much more I would want behind one, based on handling and stopping ability.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    You are behind the times is all.

There has been a capacity war in the "half ton" class.
    Ford says up to 13,200 towing, depending on how it is equipped.

I had a Ram 1500 diesel, it was rated for 9,900, and would do it with ease, and get 20 mpg doing it.
    That said, I'm not sure how much more I would want behind one, based on handling and stopping ability.
    Well I didnít know that. Iíve only been looking at 250 or 2500 Diesels thinking that was my only option.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post

I am gonna call BS on that one... 20 MPG towing 9,900 lbs?
    Byron Haner - Wickersham, Wa
    2016 JKUR HR
    Evo Offroad DTD w/Evo Lever
    Dynatrac Elite ProRock XD60/80
    40" Procomp MT, 17" B.A.D. Wheels

My Build Thread

Well I didnít know that. Iíve only been looking at 250 or 2500 Diesels thinking that was my only option.

Even some of the gas 1/2 tons are rated for 10-11k. Take a 6k jku, 2k trailer and still close to or under the limit. Just remember itís half ton and donít try to set any land speed records.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinAZJK View Post
    Even some of the gas 1/2 tons are rated for 10-11k. Take a 6k jku, 2k trailer and still close to or under the limit. Just remember itís half ton and donít try to set any land speed records.

Thanks man, maybe that makes the possibility of a tow more real, 1/2 gas trucks are cheaper than diesels. What the hell am I gonna do?!?!? Trying to get a tow rig and engagement ring at the same time ainít easy. Tow rig may have to go on the back burner for a bit. Damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by bhaner View Post
    I am gonna call BS on that one... 20 MPG towing 9,900 lbs?
    It would get 29 driving 65 or so, 26 at 80.
    The time I was able to tow something heavy where I could weigh it, fill up, and did a +/- 200 mile round trip loaded both directions, and fill up again when I got back it came out right at 20. That was running from Irwindale to Palmdale and back, so up the grade by Wrightwood on 138. On the steep part it dropped to 45, but the rest of the trip was at 55.

The max rating is 9900#, the trip I measured the trailer was about 9500#, that is a 3500# trailer and a 6000# excavator bucket. A rebuild one out, and a worn one back.

Thanks man, maybe that makes the possibility of a tow more real, 1/2 gas trucks are cheaper than diesels. What the hell am I gonna do?!?!? Trying to get a tow rig and engagement ring at the same time ainít easy. Tow rig may have to go on the back burner for a bit. Damn it!

Thatís why Iím looking at 1/2 tons in the next year or so. I would love a diesel but I donít want to pay the price for even a 10+ year old diesel. Not to mention the cost of maintenance.

As far as ring or truck. I mean, I truck is going to give you new possibilities and a nice ride when the jeep breaks. The ring is going to cost you a hell of a lot more cash in the near future. Just think of what you could do to the Jeep with that money

Been Around the Block Gobicon2017's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Nice! Does the diesel have the 10 speed Trans?
    Yes. Loving it so far. Even though itís ďherísĒ lol. Needs a lift though.

Gobicon 2017 JKU Recon build

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=51738

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast