Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow rigs

Quote Originally Posted by projectMMTB View Post
    We tow everything bumper pull. Jeep trailer I believe is 18ft
    Our camper is 36ft and we have no problems towing it either and outweighs my jeep by a lot. Invest in a good sway bar/stabilizer system for your camper if you get one and it keeps the trailer from wondering around.
    thank you for the feedback. How much does your camper weigh?

A goodneck is and will always tow better better then any bumper pull. Get a big enough trailer to put a camper on the front and jeep on the back. Pretty common and will tow much better then one thinks
    ** 2010 Unlimited Rubicon ** Gone but not forgotten...
    ** 2016 Renegade Trailhawk**

Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    thank you for the feedback. How much does your camper weigh?
    I think just under 10k... Like 9,600

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    How did that pull?
    it pulls really nice. I haven't pulled with the Rebel yet, but I'm hoping the air ride will be nicer. the Kids kept complaining the rear was too small. so I got a crew cab now.

I also pull a 32' travel trailer at about 8500lbs loaded.

the truck was capable of just under 11,000.
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

Quote Originally Posted by projectMMTB View Post
    I think just under 10k... Like 9,600
    Sorry 8,600* loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Speeddmn View Post
    A goodneck is and will always tow better better then any bumper pull. Get a big enough trailer to put a camper on the front and jeep on the back. Pretty common and will tow much better then one thinks
    That is what I would like to do, and would need a minimum of 26' deck to make it work. Im just arguing bumper pull because I could get into everything cheaper, but don't want to sacrifice safety since the load will be at or over 10,000 no matter which option. A guy told me one time that anything over 10,000 shouldn't be touched with your bumper. Never hauled that much, so no clue

Tow rigs

I have a 2016 dodge 3500 and 20ft dual axle all steel trailer with hydraulic bed. Last time I ran it across a CAT scale with my JK on it it came out to 8600. Granted now after 1 ton swap im sure it will be more at least 9 range. I run 80 all day long pulling it and literally truck doesnt even know its back there. I ended up deleting and tuning the truck and I have to say one thing about before was that it DRANKKKK DEF it was pitiful. From Atlanta GA to Daytona FL and back it used a full tank. Coming from a 1996 dodge 3500 that was super annoying.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466800714.629110.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466800729.573974.jpg

EDIT: I think its worth mentioning that I wouldnt consider a truck that is not 4wd. There is a few places we go wheeling that require 4wd to get to the parking lot because its a long steep gravel hill. Also times ground is wet enough have to use it.
    Last edited by Grubbicon; 06-24-2016 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubbicon View Post
    I have a 2016 dodge 3500 and 20ft dual axle all steel trailer with hydraulic bed. Last time I ran it across a CAT scale with my JK on it it came out to 8600. Granted now after 1 ton swap im sure it will be more at least 9 range. I run 80 all day long pulling it and literally truck doesnt even know its back there. I ended up deleting and tuning the truck and I have to say one thing about before was that it DRANKKKK DEF it was pitiful. From Atlanta GA to Daytona FL and back it used a full tank. Coming from a 1996 dodge 3500 that was super annoying

EDIT: I think its worth mentioning that I wouldnt consider a truck that is not 4wd. There is a few places we go wheeling that require 4wd to get to the parking lot because its a long steep gravel hill. Also times ground is wet enough have to use it.
    I really like your truck, I wish I had a need for a dually. Thanks for sharing, and I totally agree with getting 4wd. There is a place I frequent that I'm not sure how you would leave if you had to pull out in 2wd..

Quote Originally Posted by Grubbicon View Post
    I have a 2016 dodge 3500 and 20ft dual axle all steel trailer with hydraulic bed. Last time I ran it across a CAT scale with my JK on it it came out to 8600. Granted now after 1 ton swap im sure it will be more at least 9 range. I run 80 all day long pulling it and literally truck doesnt even know its back there. I ended up deleting and tuning the truck and I have to say one thing about before was that it DRANKKKK DEF it was pitiful. From Atlanta GA to Daytona FL and back it used a full tank. Coming from a 1996 dodge 3500 that was super annoying.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466800714.629110.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466800729.573974.jpg

Man that is a nice looking truck. Other than drinking DEF. what's your thoughts on it? They're pretty rare over here but I'm looking at one to tow the bigger boats at work.

Nothing but a Thing mudmobeeler's Avatar
    I would get a crew cab 4x4 diesel dually if possible. The dually will help with the weight and the swaying if you get into wind. The diesel will just help all around. They won't work as hard as a gas pulling the same load. They will also get better mpg. I would also get the 4x4 because I've seen too many 2wd diesels stuck on wet grass. They are just too heavy on the front end. I would get a 35 or 40 foot gooseneck trailer so I could A) put a camper on the front of it when needed to help keep the wife happy and B) haul two rigs at once if needed. Obviously pulling the camper off. A 40 footer is long and can be a pain but once you get use to it they aren't too bad.

All of that being said, I'm broke as shit so I just drive mine and hope it doesn't break and really haven't done anything or went anywhere it was worth hauling. If needed I can borrow my parents truck and trailer but want to get my own someday.
    2014 JKUR named NORDNDD.

Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ing-of-NoRdNdd

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast