Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Tow rigs

Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    So at what point does is a Jeep no longer able to drive across country to the trail? Is it a certain tire size, engine mileage? Something else ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing Red Knight15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    So at what point does is a Jeep no longer able to drive across country to the trail? Is it a certain tire size, engine mileage? Something else ?

I think it’s gonna depend on the upkeep and upgrades you do to it. Mine is 2010 with 120k on it and we are driving it to Moab next month from Alabama.

Tow rigs

I think there are a lot more factors than just the capability of the Jeep to make the run.

For me it’s come down to where I live and the shear distance it will take me to get to challenging trails. From Detroit to Moab is 32 hours. The closer destinations like Drummond, Windrock and Rausch Creek are 7-8 hrs. There are just a few parks within a could hours, but their nothing special.

If I were to break down in anyway, I’d have leave the Jeep and rent a car to get back. My work schedule leaves me with limited time to be gone and to add a few unplanned days waiting on parts, isn’t an option. It’s better for me to drag it back up on the trailer and get it home on schedule and deal with it there.

The last factor was my wife and daughter what to start coming with us, especially as we start venturing out west. She has no desire to spends days out on the trails, but with the Ram there, she can go off and tour while we are out in the Jeep.

Just my Two Cents.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep Scrambler
    Last edited by wjtstudios; 06-06-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Nice! How are you liking the truck? I'm going to get the same thing this fall but probably stick with the single rear wheel. Looks great!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    So far so good! I haven't towed heavy yet but so far I like it!
    Byron Haner - Wickersham, Wa
    -Currently Building-
    2016 JKUR HR
    Evo Offroad DTD w/Evo Lever
    Dynatrac Elite ProRock XD60/80
    40" Procomp MT, 17" B.A.D. Wheels

My Build Thread

For me it all depends on how hard you want to play.

I can't imagine being all the way in Moab (1200 miles from home) and having something happen that made it so I couldn't drive home.

I still have no worries taking my Jeep cross country. I even have a trip planned to do the passes in Colorado this summer. I just like the peace of mind that comes with having a way to get myself and the Jeep home.

One other thing... Comfort. No matter how good the Jeep rides and how nice the leather seats are.... A Limited Ram is always going to be more comfortable!
    Last edited by bhaner; 06-06-2019 at 04:09 PM.
    -Currently Building-
    2016 JKUR HR

My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bhaner View Post
    So far so good! I haven't towed heavy yet but so far I like it!
    Nice, the interiors are just so nice, cant decide yet between a fully loaded Laramie black or a limited. Price wont be to far apart.

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Nice, the interiors are just so nice, cant decide yet between a fully loaded Laramie black or a limited. Price wont be to far apart.

The black head liner and leather covered EVERYTHING make the Limited my only choice! So nice!
    -Currently Building-
    2016 JKUR HR

My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bhaner View Post
    The black head liner and leather covered EVERYTHING make the Limited my only choice! So nice!
    Definitely leaning that way, time will tell!

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930