Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Teraflex - Bad rep for a reason or isolated cases?

Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    I run teraflex front spring retainers. That's about all I'll trust them with.
    Haha that is to funny

Knows a Thing or Two Mountainjk10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Honestly just about everything is crap! It's all Chinese parts. The same as shittybuilt and others that are under the trans american umbrella. When your stuff breaks they will blame it on installer error and not it being a faulty part.
    To help the op can you give him a list of TF products you used and why you didn't like them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainjk10 View Post
    To help the op can you give him a list of TF products you used and why you didn't like them?
    Their shocks are garbage monotube that leak.
    Their springs are harder than a rock.
    Their control arm bushing blow out after one trip.
    Their tire carrier doesn't hold the tire on the tailgate, it cracks.
    Their speed bumps are aluminum beer cans with spray foam in them.

What else you want? Their budget boost is alright since it's the same poly spacers as everyone else.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post

What else you want? Their budget boost is alright since it's the same poly spacers as everyone else.
    I'll agree with their spacers. Kinda hard to fuck those up.

I have TF coil spacers in the rear with no issues. Like OverlanderJK and olram30 said, hard to jack those up.

I did have TF sway bar quick disconnects. They were a pain to remove/install. After several months one of the lower studs sheared off while on pavement. TF would not warranty them nor the vender. They went in the garbage and I decided never to buy anything of theirs again made out of "metal". I know it's not a major component, but that was pretty hairy trying to drive home without having the front swaybar connected.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

I have a rear track bar relocation bracket from them haven't had any problems yet but that bracket is really not a big parts like a carrier honestly could have made it my self from a piece of square tubing.

Been Around the Block BenJKWrangler15's Avatar
    I'm glad I started this thread - help clear up a lot of the marketing hype around their products & make thoughtfull choices
    O|||||||O............Racc°°nJK - Jeep Wrangler JK Sport 2015
    []---o--[]........... Racc°°nJK Build Thread : http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...543#post729543

Knows a Thing or Two Mountainjk10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post

I like the beer can analogy.

Teraflex - Bad rep for a reason or isolated cases?

Here is part of the problem for me. I get it that most people are on a budget and others just want instant gratification rather than saving up to buy top end parts. That's why companies like Smittybilt exist. They serve a purpose and that's great for some people. That said, you kinda know what you are getting with Smittybilt and the price matches the product. TeraFlex crap isn't exactly cheap though. It boggles my mind that people are willing to pay a premium for shit that has such a proven record of failing. In my opinion, TeraFlex is just expensive Smittybilt.

I wonder how many of you would buy a Smittybilt suspension (if there was such a thing) or pay $700 for a Smittybilt tire carrier.
    Last edited by Sharkey; 06-25-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Been Around the Block BenJKWrangler15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Here is part of the problem for me. I get it that most people are on a budget and others just want instant gratification rather than saving up to buy top end parts. That's why companies like Smittybilt exist. They serve a purpose and that's great for some people. That said, you kinda know what you are getting with Smittybilt and the price matches the product. TeraFlex crap isn't exactly cheap though. It boggles my mind that people are willing to pay a premium for shit that has such a proven record of failing. In my opinion, TeraFlex is just expensive Smittybilt.

I wonder how many of you would buy a Smittybilt suspension (if there was such a thing) or pay $700 for a Smittybilt tire carrier.
    And here comes in the you pay for what you get mentality; Smittybilt is know to be cheap, easy & to get the job done while saving up for better parts, let's say while Teraflex is overpriced for the quality you get from their products, according to a lot of users. That said, I wouldn't be as sad to buy one of their kit for a 1/3 of the price, knowing that it isn't the best shit to get out there but at least having a bang for my bucks while saving for better & still enjoy life off road. They could do a lot better...

Only thing I also trust & love from TF is their install videos & shit. Man, they are handy, easy to follow and give great tips along the way!!! Even though what they are installing is crap... At least you get to learn shit from it, as I am a Certified Driveway Mechanic ahahah.
    O|||||||O............Racc°°nJK - Jeep Wrangler JK Sport 2015
    []---o--[]........... Racc°°nJK Build Thread : http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...543#post729543

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast