Air tank

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So I am looking for someone in the San Diego area that has a tank for there compressor that they might let me borrow for a few days. I am wanting to figure out where to mount one and make a mount for it. Let me know if you have one. I can give you some cash if needed.

Serg5000

There are kits that mount tanks just below the radiator in that big void between it and the engine. I think VIAIR has that setup.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Hit up Brett at JeepSwag / Dominion offroad. He's in Costa Mesa and a really cool dude. I'm sure he'd not only let u test fit a tank but help you with figuring out a good mounting location.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hit up Brett at JeepSwag / Dominion offroad. He's in Costa Mesa and a really cool dude. I'm sure he'd not only let u test fit a tank but help you with figuring out a good mounting location.

I've bought from him before just didn't want to drive that far. lol

Skirmish

Every time I'm under the back of my 12 I wonder if I could fit a tank above the axle around where the e-brake lines hang.

RamP

Any update on this? I'm looking into an Oba set up myself and am weighing the pros and cons of having a tank. Location being the biggest one.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Any update on this? I'm looking into an Oba set up myself and am weighing the pros and cons of having a tank. Location being the biggest one.

I have yet to buy a tank as it isn't high on the priority list but there are places that it would fit.

I know viair has a mount that puts in by the frame rail but I personally would not run that mount. I would smash the hell out of it with the rocks we have out here in CA.

RamP

Yeah I agree with that. I'm going to look into putting it in the storage space in the back under the carpet.

Skirmish

I tried to fit the Viair 2 gallon everywhere on a 12 but it ain't easy. There is a hose in the way for the behind the radiator so the bracket for the 3.8 won't work. The cubby in the trunk is too short. Even with the plastic removed you would need to build a cover that gives a couple inches of clearance. The Viair site has good dimensional drawings for all their tanks and all the other tanks I found were at least as tall, about 9" if I remember right. The one possible location I found would be above the rear axle on a lifted rig but I was too lazy to pull the shocks and springs to measure it.

I ended up bolting it to my Tuffy security deck. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373930812.479643.jpg

I made a plate to attach it vertically next to my spare and will bolt it to my tire carrier swing arm when I get the time. It should fit nicely. The 2.5 gallon is longer and the 5 gal would stick out more than the tire so really the 2 is the best fit there.

Top Bottom