Any ideas for performance??

Jkmaxxx2011

I have a 2011 wrangler JKUR and want some more performance. I have a K&N intake and a Flowmaster super 44 muffler. Looking into a chip and saw the superchip is for 2010 and under... Any suggestions???

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're running larger tires and haven't regeared yet, you should. Doing this and making sure that your speedo is properly recalibrated will make a world of difference.

Jkmaxxx2011

If you're running larger tires and haven't regeared yet, you should. Doing this and making sure that your speedo is properly recalibrated will make a world of difference.

I just put on 295/70/17s and have 4.10s

I plan on recalibrating my speedo soon. Do you know any good chips?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just put on 295/70/17s and have 4.10s

I plan on recalibrating my speedo soon. Do you know any good chips?

Recalibrating your speedo will help a lot. The cheapest and easiest way to do this is to use an AEV ProCal. If you want a bit more performance, I would recommend a Superchips Flashpaq. You just need to make sure that you measure your tire correctly and NOT just enter what's listed on the sidewall. To do this right, you want to measure from the ground up to the top corner of the tire (where the shoulder makes a 90° turn to become the tread) and NOT the highest point on the tire which will be the middle of the tread.

Jkmaxxx2011

Recalibrating your speedo will help a lot. The cheapest and easiest way to do this is to use an AEV ProCal. If you want a bit more performance, I would recommend a Superchips Flashpaq.

Awesome thanks!! I looked up the flashpaq and it says its for 2007-2010 but mines a 2011. Will it matter??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome thanks!! I looked up the flashpaq and it says its for 2007-2010 but mines a 2011. Will it matter??

:doh: Right. You'll want to just get an AEV ProCal. There won't be any performance gains but, it'll get your shift points on and that'll make a difference.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome thank you!! Someone told me to get headers. Will they make a difference??

If you live in a state where they're legal, yes, they will make a difference ONLY IF you also have a CAI and high flow exhaust system. You should know however that most of the JK headers out there do get stupid hot and have been known to melt vital wires under the hood.

Jkmaxxx2011

If you live in a state where they're legal, yes, they will make a difference ONLY IF you also have a CAI and high flow exhaust system. You should know however that most of the JK headers out there do get stupid hot and have been known to melt vital wires under the hood.

Do you run any power adders on moby??

Jersey_Devil

Not trying to hijack the thread but Does a snorkel count as CAI? I was thinking of getting rugged ridge headers

Jkmaxxx2011

Just ordered myself an AEV procal module! Thanks Eddy! By the way how easy are they to function!??

MTG

Caught the Bug
Jkmaxxx2011 said:
Just ordered myself an AEV procal module! Thanks Eddy! By the way how easy are they to function!??

Set the switches. Plug it in. Your horn honks. Done.

Very anticlimactic. ;)

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know if the computer downloads are the same from the 2012 Vs. 2013, After I got my Jeep back from my accident they told me they had to use allot of 2013 parts, and they downloaded my computer with 2013 setting :thinking: I know from driving it it seems the shift point are further out or longer? Or am I just crazy! :nuts::crazyeyes::sFun_tease:

Top Bottom