looking for smooth ride lift kit/suspensions

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I was wondering what are the best suspensions for smoother rides 3-4" lift kits.

Ride quality is 100% subjective so you will get tons of different answers for this one.

That being said, the smoothest lift I have ever rode on has to be the Evo enforcer. The aev, teraflex, rough county, and rubicon express lifts I have rode on were pretty stiff in comparison

lesterjanpearson

Ride quality is 100% subjective so you will get tons of different answers for this one.

That being said, the smoothest lift I have ever rode on has to be the Evo enforcer. The aev, teraflex, rough county, and rubicon express lifts I have rode on were pretty stiff in comparison

Yeah I know, but I am hearing alot that teraflex is really stiff. and Old Man Emu could be a better choice. I'm just not sure yet.

My 2.5" AEV I find is Euro stiff, my new Jeep when it comes along shortly will be a EVO Enforcer as Cozdude notes....3" and 35's and Rancho 9000 xl

Good luck with your decision

RonG

Yeah I know, but I am hearing alot that teraflex is really stiff. and Old Man Emu could be a better choice. I'm just not sure yet.

I have the 2" OME on my 2015 JKU Sahara. It yielded about 2 1/4¨ on a basically otherwise stock vehicle. Compared to the stock suspension, there is less body roll on turns and less dive on hard braking. The ride itself is stiffer (think BMW as opposed to old Lincoln Continental)... I notice every manhole cover. On the otherhand, the washboard road I regularly drive gets less of the rhythmic harmonic thing going.

Just my (subjective) observations.

Jeeper125

I have the old man emu 4 inch lift on my jk and very pleased with the ride but I have nothing really compare it to.

chitown35

LOSER
I find my metalcloak lift to be a pretty good compromise between a fairly soft ride yet not too much body roll on curves.

chitown35

LOSER
yeah would really like to minimize that body roll too.

Fyi I'm not sure how much of the softer ride is due to springs. I think it is mainly the softer shocks and MC control arm bushings.

Agreed, not much love for MetalCloak on here though....

Everyone has their own preferences, especially when it comes to ride quality. I've heard people say everything from aev to metalcloak to Evo plush ride coils are all very harsh. But I really think it depends on how everything you've set up works together - coils, shocks, tires, sway bar, etc.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Can I use stock shocks on a 3-4 inch lift kits?

Stock shocks won't work. Not only would they affect the ride quality, but also limit down travel and completely negate any benefits of a lift. That is, if they will even stretch long enough to work with 3-4 inches of lift. If I could give you any advice, it would be to do things right the first time, even if it means saving up and waiting longer. You'll never regret doing things correctly!
Maybe I missed it, but what size tire are you planning on?

Top Bottom