They lost my tub!

Mr.Green

Ok first let me start by saying I'm sorry if this has been posted before as I could not find one.

I went by the dealership today to check on my jeep that I ordered over three weeks ago. They say they haven't seen it yet so I asked where is my jeep? Manager comes out to see what's going on this is where I proceed to explain the situation.

We step back into his office and he calls the plant to find out where my Jeep is the event number and order number. In my wildest dreams I never thought I would ever hear somebody say "what do you mean you lost the tub?"

After about an hour of listening to him rip the guy on the other end of the phone a new one I started kind of feeling bad that I went in raising hell. When he did hang up the phone he said that they actually lost a hyper green JK unlimited 4 door jeep tub. I don't know how, I don't know why, but I do know it's going to take them supposably 4 weeks to get it here so now I'm looking at the end of July. At least I don't have any other payments to make until I get my jeep.

I'm not mad at Jeep and no it's not scaring me away from buying one. I was just curious if anyone else has heard of this or had this happen to them at any time when they've ordered a Jeep or just something else to talk about.

It wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
The only thing I could possibly even imagine as to how they lost your tub is this, I took a tour of a GM assembly plant when I was going to tech school. They paint the bodies and then they are stored in a warehouse for a given time. I don't rem how long. Now if you can imagine a big ass warehouse with racks from floor to ceiling and it being really tall and really long, it had a crap ton of bodies in there for storage. Every single body was placed in the racks by a computer operated machine. There was a little room in one corner where there were a couple of guys but they were just setting there watching tv. I'm guessing they are only there in case there was a problem. So I could imagine if there was a computer glitch or something and that big of a warehouse full of that many bodies it could be possible to lose it. That's just a guess though and that was a GM plant. I don't have a clue as to if the Jeep plant would be the same.

Mr.Green

I'm sorry I haven't posted sooner, but my attorney has informed me to not talk about this until court has made a ruling. God only knows how long it will take for me to get my money back or my jeep. I can say it was not the company's fault but a managers. That is all.

Something sounds rotten in Denmark here? I worked for Chrysler for years and for a short time was responsible myself for ordering cars for our dealership... I've never heard of this?

Did you order a 2017? How long did they tell you your order would take? In my experience the average time a build takes from clicking the button to delivery is normally 8-10 weeks. Everything is done in dealer connect which is chryslers computer program if you will. It will give your dealer real time updates on the build progress and as the build progresses will change status codes so your dealer knows what step your jeep is currently in. 3 weeks is very premature for a new build and for a dealer to call for an update that soon sounds to me like he might be having some fun at your expense, when all he really had to do was to pull up dealer connect and check its status. For example, a legitimate reason for a dealer to make a call would be if your jeep was in shipped status for a month and never arrived, or if your jeep was at a body vendor for an extended period of time.

Having a customer sit and witness a phone call in which he/she is arguing or yelling at the manufacturer over a potential mistake to me just shows incompetence, is unprofessional and would make me question my purchase with that dealer.

JKbrick

We got to tour the GM plant here in Ft Wayne and the way it was explained to us how the process works it seems as if the body got lost a frame with a drivetrain would get spit out the end? In other words it all seemed to be in place when it was time for that step of production

Zstairlessone

You're saying your dealer called The Factory and shit all over someone (on and on) after he/she got the answer they lost your tub??

Are you sure they didn't just call their parts department and blow a bunch of smoke up your skirt because they promised something they couldn't deliver when you ordered?

Who gets a lawyer involved right off the bat when a new vehicle is delayed out of the factory?

And why would you have to clam up over a late delivery?

3 week promise of delivery?

gheller

I ordered a 2016 Willys W in July 13th and was told by my salesman that it would take about 8-12 weeks for it to be built and delivered. He told me after a couple of weeks Chrysler/Jeep would email me status updates. They haven't yet, and so my salesman looked into it when a Chrysler rep came in to the dealership yesterday. He asked him and was told that because it was late in the year it might come out as a 2017 model and could possibly be delayed a bit. I'm bummed about that but having a 2017 would make it right. The salesman is looking into it further and hopefully I'll have a better idea of what the status is.

Did they give you a timeframe for delivery when you ordered? It seems odd that it would come to a lawsuit at this early stage. In any case, I wish you well and that it turns out ok.

Mr.Green

It's a stock 2016 sport that was supposed to be available. The manager and all the people he brought in are facing charges. It was supposed to be already built. Chrysler Jeep is not the problem, because I was scammed they are helping me with all they can. As far as the lawyer goes, it's just to get my money back or have it released back to jeeps account. Only the customer's he dealt with are having problems. I just need someplace to vent that's all. Buy the way the tub is what threw up the red flag.

Last edited:
It's a stock 2016 sport that was supposed to be available. The manager and all the people he brought in are facing charges. It was supposed to be already built. Chrysler Jeep is not the problem, because I was scammed they are helping me with all they can. As far as the lawyer goes, it's just to get my money back or have it released back to jeeps account. Only the customer's he dealt with are having problems. I just need someplace to vent that's all. Buy the way the tub is what threw up the red flag.

Wow, really sorry to hear this! Hopefully everything gets rectified for you. Its dealers like these that give people in the auto industry a bad rap. I've never heard of Chrysler "losing a tub"... Glad you questioned that or you'd prolly still be waiting!

You may or may not know this but in the future, should you have to order a jeep again... A reputable dealer will sit you down in front of the computer and login to Dealerconnect (the program i spoke about above) and build your jeep with you going thru each option to make sure its equipped correctly. If they have a jeep thats already in the system being built (one they ordered for inventory) like the one you're talking about, it will also appear in that system and they will be able to print an invoice and show it to you, again to verify equipment. It should have a vin # assigned to it as those are usually given early on and they can actually attach your name to the order which let's Chrysler know its a sold order. Sold orders are usually given priority throughout the process and arrive at the dealer a bit quicker.

Good luck

Journeyman

Ok not to be a dick! But absolutely none of this story makes sense. How does a tub get lost on a jeep that's already built? Who's at fault here? You've stated not the build plant, but wouldn't that be jeep? And aren't they the ones who lost the tub on an already assembled jeep? How much did you put down? Jeep only required 500$ deposit when I ordered my rubicon in 2012, I'm assuming probably not any more than that cause you made a statement about not have to make a monthly payment yet. You've already lawyered up for this and it's only been three weeks. Where's this dealer located, so we can all know to stay the fuck away!

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Ive never in my life heard of a vehicle being lost. Damaged, yes. Falling off the truck, yes. Rail dust, yup. Damaged/wrecked during PDI, yes. But "losing the tub.." Someones pulling your dick man.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
What's rail dust?

It's like brake dust, but from the wheels and tracks of the train. The iron dust particles settle on vehicles in transport. The moisture in the air causes these particles to rust and embed themselves into the clear coat. It happens a lot.

Some vehicles have very minor damage, some have heavy damage. Depends on their placement and how fast they get those cars off the train and to the dealership for detail and inspection. On a white car is it easily noticeable. Looks like a copper flake and if you rub your hand across it your feel the pits.

It's common practice just to send the vehicle to detail where a clay bar is used until its not as noticeable.

I have seen a couple cars get sent to the paint shop for a more professional approach as not to thin the clear coat too much and damage the paint. Or respray the clear coat.

Any updated on the missing Tub? Id name that Jeep Houdini.

jeeeep

Hooked
Long time ago I saw a Volkswagen Rabbit fall off the top loading deck of a train. The train was moving pretty quick so when that VW fell off there were parts everywhere on impact... it was one of the coolest things I've seen

Mr.Green

As soon as as this is figured out I will blast the shit out of the lying ass Yankee fuck that decided to fuck with my credit and money. However, the company itself is not to blame. Everyone who was scammed by this individual however, is pissed and we all went after him, even the dealership. I go back to court on the 15th of September, I hope to know more then.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
As soon as as this is figured out I will blast the shit out of the lying ass Yankee fuck that decided to fuck with my credit and money. However, the company itself is not to blame. Everyone who was scammed by this individual however, is pissed and we all went after him, even the dealership. I go back to court on the 15th of September, I hope to know more then.

Since the allegations are public and it is in litigation, you can talk about it. What happened? Who is this individual?

Mr.Green

My lawyer says to not release details at the moment although I don't think this is the first dealership he has done this to. As soon as I know I will let everything out.

Top Bottom