Viair Support

RRien07

Or should I say the lack there of.

A few weeks ago I started looking into installing my new Viair On Board air system. It's been sitting in my garage for a few months now.
So like all of you I'm sure I started to do my own research into this and looked for all of my options for the install.

But I thought that what the heck let's check with Viair support to verify that I had the right part numbers before I purchase, I hate returning crap.

Below is the unbelievable response I received back from their support.

I live close by Viair, I wonder what the sales manager is going to say when he see the email.

This is all that I could copy from the email and past to the phone app. But hey I am only following their advise, I am posting to the forums.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for contacting VIAIR.
The best place to ask about this is through a forum since you deal with real situation.
One example (scroll down):
wranglerforum.com/f123/all-viair-onboard-air-systems-ship-free-to-lower-48-www-rockridge4wd-com-144616.html

Or call up Rebel Off Road, etc since they do installs: rebeloffroad.com

Thanks,

Tech Support
VIAIR Corporation
t: 949-585-0011
f: 949-585-0188
w: www.viaircorp.com

TLife

From the level of outrage I expected to read they called you a donkey raper and your grandma a whore...

RRien07

I asked them to verify if a bracket they make would fit the compressors I bought. And yes I was out on all the forums, that is where I found the information on the brackets that I asked them to verify.
I wanted to know if their break mount bracket would work for their 444c compressor or not. I have the part number, I just needed to know if the bracket is big enough or not. It does not look it to me.
I would think that if they make both products that they would know the answer to whether or not it would fit.

lonewolf

Totally unnacceptable. They should know their products inside out, and not tell their customers to go search for it elsewhere.

Sgt_USMC

^x2! If you make both products and a customer asks a question, then they should be able AND willing to answer.

JoeB-JKURX

Viair On-Board Air

I'm pretty sure that Viair doesn't sell install kits for their compressors. I was only able to find them at outfits like Quadratec (they get brackets made, assemble hoses and fittings, switches and panels, etc.) and sell them as a kit.

RRien07

Update: Steve at Viair phone me this morning to not only apologize for the miss understood email (as he put it) and answered the question and more.

So I am posting that although my original question was not answered; I am satisfied with Steve's response.

Steve's answer:
Yes the bracket will fit the 444c pump, however Viair stopped making the brackets because it will eventually fail due to the weight of the pump.

I was only looking for a short term fit anyway so I will most likely pick one up till I can fit the entire system on the Jeep.

By the way, I have looked on all the Jeep forums that I know about anyway for install options of the 444C on board air system and if anyone is interested I will share what I have. There just is nothing out there for this particular dual air system.

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

What is it made of? I have a 450c mounted to the brake booster with a synergy mount. Seems to be holding fine.

RRien07

I do not know what gage steel they are using for the bracket they used to make. Steve did not say why they choose to stop making the brackets.

I can see how over time it would break with the bouncing around we do off road.

Top Bottom