Max tires 2004 WJ

danco3636

jeep grand cherokee performance 2004
I currently have a 2" boost lift (RE) with stock 17" tires and currently 245/65/17.
What is the max tire that would work on the current rims with an A/T tire.
Here is my current tires. Would like to go just a tad bigger.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467308821.549505.jpg

jamesrw30

With or without trimming? I am on a 3 inch lift and running basically a 31 and can't go any larger without starting to trim. Those are basically a 30 (29.5 according to my tire calculator) so I don't know if you could go any larger without rubbing issues or starting to trim. I may be wrong however, there are lots of folks on here much more knowledgeable than myself.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I ran 245/45r17 on JK rubicon wheels on my WJ with a 2" lift. They just barely rubbed everywhere without any trimming. It was perfect.

WJCO

Meme King
I did a 4 inch lift and 32s right when we bought this thing, so I probably can't answer your question. What I will say though, is check out Bushwackers fender flare video and it shows where you can/can't trim. If you decide to trim, it opens up a lot more options for tire sizes.

danco3636

Gong to add the 1.25 spidertrax wheel spacers to help bring out the stock rims. Perhaps I will put those on first and then assess tire size again.

Steven1756

I have a 2010 WK, 3.5 lift in the front and 2.5 lift in the back, stock 18 inch rims. 1.5 spacers. I currently have 33x10.5R18 on it. I have very little rubbing. I did the pinch weld mod on the front, no cutting on the rear.

Attachments

• my jeep.jpg
    my jeep.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 93

danco3636

Looks sharp. For some reason those tires don't look like 33's. But they fit in nicely. Are those Toyo AT's?

Looks like I am going to do springs (2 inch rear and 2.5 front), a bit longer rear sway bar links and add an extra 3/4" spacer if needed for the front. The spacer was recommended for the V8. Then going to do 1.25 spacers with stock 17" rims and add fox shocks with a steering stabilizer.

Once I get this all on I will see what tires may fit and look the best.
Looking for an aggressive looking AT.
Or perhaps the Toyo RT but not sure if they make them smaller than a 33 on a 17" rim. Need to investigate.
Or these.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467836189.982558.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467836204.880360.jpg

Steven1756

On the front I didn't have to cut the bumper at all, I did have to cut the pinch weld behind the inner fender. I just cut slits in it and beat it down with a Big Hammer. I put some rust preventive paint on it and used a heat gun to smooch the inner fender back. It gave me just the right amount of clearance. On a side note.... Does anyone know of a good website to order WK accessories like bumpers and such.

Lucas J

On the front I didn't have to cut the bumper at all, I did have to cut the pinch weld behind the inner fender. I just cut slits in it and beat it down with a Big Hammer. I put some rust preventive paint on it and used a heat gun to smooch the inner fender back. It gave me just the right amount of clearance. On a side note.... Does anyone know of a good website to order WK accessories like bumpers and such.

Check out Crawl Offroad, Rocky Road Outfitters and JBA Offroad for WK accessories.

Dopey84

My buddy runs a 4"long arm on his wj with 33s no rubbing ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468458922.197342.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468458933.633932.jpg I forgot to add his pics this was at our 4th of July car show..

Last edited:

danco3636

This is my Jeep daily driver just getting some work done. Replaced my 2" BB lift with 2.5" coils, Fox 2.0 shocks, steering stabilizer, new BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires and 1.25 wheel spacers. Looking like a fun ride now.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468457979.928733.jpg

Meekel1

Hi guys, brand new here. Had a question related somewhat to this thread. Just bought my daughter her first car....04 Grand Cherokee..existing wheels and tires are junk. Just had a chance to buy 2015 jk rims only...can I just run the stock 235/65/r17’s? On the jk rims? No looking to go higher as this is a “first” car. Thanks guys for any feedback

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom