Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max tires 2004 WJ

Max tires 2004 WJ

jeep grand cherokee performance 2004
    I currently have a 2" boost lift (RE) with stock 17" tires and currently 245/65/17.
    What is the max tire that would work on the current rims with an A/T tire.
    Here is my current tires. Would like to go just a tad bigger.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467308821.549505.jpg

With or without trimming? I am on a 3 inch lift and running basically a 31 and can't go any larger without starting to trim. Those are basically a 30 (29.5 according to my tire calculator) so I don't know if you could go any larger without rubbing issues or starting to trim. I may be wrong however, there are lots of folks on here much more knowledgeable than myself.
    "After you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." 1 Peter 5:10

"The hosts of Heaven stand at attention as we make our way from earth to glory, and Satan's BB guns are no match for God's heavy artillery." Billy Graham

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25682624@N06/

I ran 245/45r17 on JK rubicon wheels on my WJ with a 2" lift. They just barely rubbed everywhere without any trimming. It was perfect.

️ that seems to be a smaller tire? About 25.7". Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by danco3636 View Post
    ️ that seems to be a smaller tire? About 25.7". Am I missing something?
    Sorry should have been 245/75R17 which is about 31.5"
    IMG_1240.jpg

Looks sharpe. I think I may go that route.

I did a 4 inch lift and 32s right when we bought this thing, so I probably can't answer your question. What I will say though, is check out Bushwackers fender flare video and it shows where you can/can't trim. If you decide to trim, it opens up a lot more options for tire sizes.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Gong to add the 1.25 spidertrax wheel spacers to help bring out the stock rims. Perhaps I will put those on first and then assess tire size again.

Fresh Catch
    I have a 2010 WK, 3.5 lift in the front and 2.5 lift in the back, stock 18 inch rims. 1.5 spacers. I currently have 33x10.5R18 on it. I have very little rubbing. I did the pinch weld mod on the front, no cutting on the rear.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks sharp. For some reason those tires don't look like 33's. But they fit in nicely. Are those Toyo AT's?

Looks like I am going to do springs (2 inch rear and 2.5 front), a bit longer rear sway bar links and add an extra 3/4" spacer if needed for the front. The spacer was recommended for the V8. Then going to do 1.25 spacers with stock 17" rims and add fox shocks with a steering stabilizer.

Once I get this all on I will see what tires may fit and look the best.
    Looking for an aggressive looking AT.
    Or perhaps the Toyo RT but not sure if they make them smaller than a 33 on a 17" rim. Need to investigate.
    Or these.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467836189.982558.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467836204.880360.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast