Rear view mirror

robx251

Caught the Bug
Hey guys I love my new rubicon but I can't stand how low the rearview mirror is located. Even with it all the way up it is still angled too lots and all I can see is the top of the rest seats. Any others have this issue ?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
While this might be the end game, I can't do that right this minute. Any other options? And I could see over muy 35s on my 2010

Haha, yea it was a half joke. But honestly I just think it is what it is. You could add a backup camera but don't really know of any other options. The JK's just have a short windshield so there's no a lot of room to do much.

robx251

Caught the Bug
Haha, yea it was a half joke. But honestly I just think it is what it is. You could add a backup camera but don't really know of any other options. The JK's just have a short windshield so there's no a lot of room to do much.

I wasn't an issue on my 10 though, I don't know if anyone has gag that issue ore tried an older style mirror on the new windshields

DMF

Recline your seat back a little.. That angle looks like you can almost kiss the windshield.

wcarlson40

Also putting the headrests down on the rear seats helps visibility tremendously. There's a post somewhere on how to release the springs so that they will stay down, but yet they'll still lock upwards when you have a passenger back there.

robx251

Caught the Bug
Recline your seat back a little.. That angle looks like you can almost kiss the windshield.

My seat is currently back as far as it can go with my back against the back of the seat the top of my head is resting on the roll bar and the headrest at the same time

robx251

Caught the Bug
Also putting the headrests down on the rear seats helps visibility tremendously. There's a post somewhere on how to release the springs so that they will stay down, but yet they'll still lock upwards when you have a passenger back there.

I'm sure that will help some of the visibility and I did take the seat there headrests completely out of the seat in my 2010 but the issue is more that I can't see over the top of the rear tire so it's just the angle isn't up high enough on the rear view mirror the side not really the problem on the side of the spare tire

Top Bottom