Racing Steering wheel in a JK

hhunter050

Anybody have any experience with putting a more racing like steering wheel in there jks? Is there a conversion piece? I have an 08 so I figured instead of having just a plan ole steering wheel, I could find something a little bit better looking to replace mine with.

BenJKWrangler15

Anybody have any experience with putting a more racing like steering wheel in there jks? Is there a conversion piece? I have an 08 so I figured instead of having just a plan ole steering wheel, I could find something a little bit better looking to replace mine with.

You'll be having trouble down the road if you remove your factory steering wheel that contains the airbag... Just my two cents. Won't be legal anymore 🙃

thardy

Banned

It can be done, but would make it illegal. They make adapters like you see in the import world, would just have to find what worked.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
It can definitely be done with adapters. As for legality, it is no more illegal than putting a lift and larger tires on your jeep. The same federal standards that require airbags (FMVSS) also define max height off ground for bumpers for collision etc. So to each their own legality wise. Safety wise u probably want the airbag.

Ginz

Check your local state law and ordinance. Federal regulations are for manufacturers. Local law enforcement can't enforce federal law. But if your state, county, or city has a law or ordinance against a certain type of mod, that could get you in some trouble. The other issue you need to worry about is, if you remove your airbag, your insurance probably won't cover injuries you or anyone you let drive your car sustain due to removing the airbag. Also opens you up to lawsuit.

Top Bottom