Front inner axle seals

DKjeep

Is there a preferred brand for these? I was under the jeep doing other work and I noticed my passenger side was leaking. No big deal as I need to do a fluid change from the last gear swap that I did anyways. I see Crown and OEM for these seals. Is there a better one I am missing?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Is there a preferred brand for these? I was under the jeep doing other work and I noticed my passenger side was leaking. No big deal as I need to do a fluid change from the last gear swap that I did anyways. I see Crown and OEM for these seals. Is there a better one I am missing?

I would just go with oem again for the seals. If you feel like saving a buck tho crown is oem just cheaper

Exodus 4x4

I want the best option for the seals as I do not wish to do this job again.

I had to change mine unexpectedly not long ago and ended up getting them at a local 4WP for like $5 each and they were spicers. I don't know that there's really a better brand. They seem to be holding.

DKjeep

I had to change mine unexpectedly not long ago and ended up getting them at a local 4WP for like $5 each and they were spicers. I don't know that there's really a better brand. They seem to be holding.

Good info, I just ordered the spicers. They are half the price as "mopar" and who better to get the seals from than the people who make the axle. I also ordered a pair of unit bearings to go ahead and freshen up mine while it was apart. I just switched up to a wheel with 3.5" backspacing and its def going to stress the bearings more so I might as well replace a set that has over 100k on them while they are out and on the ground. Peace of mind if anything.

Top Bottom