WORKIN on a WEDNESDAY : Carson City Visitors Bureau Prison Hill Photo Shoot

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Couldn't ask for a more beautiful day to get out and do some wheeling in our backyard especially being that we could also help the Carson City Visitors Bureau with a photo shoot. A big thanks needs to go out to our friend Jim from the Firkin and Fox Restaurant for inviting us on this run and to the Sierra Stompers for leading the way up and around the rocks on Prison Hill. Here are a few photos from the fun we had, I hope you enjoy :cool:

Meeting up with everyone at the staging area out on Prison Hill. Any guesses as to which one belongs to the photographer?
main.php

Time to head out and have some fun!
main.php

main.php

Heading into the rocks.
main.php

main.php

Flexy and sexy - Moby getting all twisted up.
image-11.jpeg

Cindy riding it out on the sidewalls.
main.php

Cindy working her way up the next obstacle.
main.php

main.php

Heading up another gully.
main.php

Here's a shot of Jim getting some 3-wheeling in.
image-12.jpeg

And finally, a poser shot at the top of the hill.
main.php

Unfortunately, that's all I've got. Being that this wasn't our rodeo, I wasn't able to get more photos but I do hope you enjoyed what I was able to post just the same. :cool:

benatc1

Hooked
Looks like a fun morning, i need to get down there and check out prison hill one of these days, thanks for sharing the pics

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool photos of the flexing. Why isn't the little sedan in the last photo?

LOL!! I don't think it would have made it out of the staging area :crazyeyes:

Nice work day! That LJ looks nice also!

Yeah, the LJ was really nice. The gal driving it was named Cindy too and had a great time.

Looks like a fun morning, i need to get down there and check out prison hill one of these days, thanks for sharing the pics

We should get out there for sure :yup:

Great shots. Cindy rocks Moby!!!!

Oh yeah, Moby's her baby.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely a nice way to spend a Wednesday morning. It was also great to see the visitor bureau so interested in the off road community and the trails that we have right here in town :yup:

ob_tj

Great picture! I need to get over to Nevada and run some of those trails! Looks like a good trip!

Lance628

Definitely a nice way to spend a Wednesday morning. It was also great to see the visitor bureau so interested in the off road community and the trails that we have right here in town :yup:

That's awesome that they promote the offroad community out there it seems like we have very little support up here

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's awesome that they promote the offroad community out there it seems like we have very little support up here

Yeah, it's way cool. The hills down the street from us used to be owned by the BLM but a couple of years back, they gave it to Carson City. Instead of developing the land, the city designated a part of it for hiking trails and made the part with all the cool rocks into a big off road area. Of course, we're also flanked by the Sierra Nevada Mountains to the west and the Pine Nut Mountains to the east and there are all kinds of trails in them too - the Rubicon being one of them of course. I spent some time talking with them today and they've got some pretty cool things they're wanting to do in the near future. :cool:

Lance628

Yeah, it's way cool. The hills down the street from us used to be owned by the BLM but a couple of years back, they gave it to Carson City. Instead of developing the land, the city designated a part of it for hiking trails and made the part with all the cool rocks into a big off road area. Of course, we're also flanked by the Sierra Nevada Mountains to the west and the Pine Nut Mountains to the east and there are all kinds of trails in them too - the Rubicon being one of them of course. I spent some time talking with them today and they've got some pretty cool things they're wanting to do in the near future. :cool:

That's awesome I really would love to get out there and do some wheeling

Top Bottom