Worst mod you have installed and regretted.

ROBnTANK

Don't know if this topic has ever been started, if so I could not find it. Delete if you need to.

Just starting this tread to see the worst mod you have installed and regretted. Mine are PSC fender flares. I thought they would look nice until I installed them. I hated drilling soooo many holes into my Jeep body.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467845729.626013.jpg

I know longer own this Jeep and hopefully will never make a huge mistake again.

i wasted a small handful of money on a 50" light bar off ebay...no manufacturer name in the listing, just a bar. 2 weeks later after it rained, it fogged up with condensation inside and 1/3 of the lights have stopped working. I still have it installed today and have not turned it on more than a dozen times lol.

WJCO

Meme King
i wasted a small handful of money on a 50" light bar off ebay...no manufacturer name in the listing, just a bar. 2 weeks later after it rained, it fogged up with condensation inside and 1/3 of the lights have stopped working. I still have it installed today and have not turned it on more than a dozen times lol.

I bought a cheap one on ebay too. I took it all apart and ran silicone over it. No problems so far. Hope yours works out in the long run.

Mine was a rugged ridge locking gas cap. Found out when it arrived that it was only held on by 4 tiny set screws and anyone with a flat head screw driver could break into my gas cap in 30 seconds...

TennJK

Probably going with the grizzly locker instead of a selectable locker. That or a crappy front bumper. Learning to live with the grizzly though

Lexiewalker

Mine was a rugged ridge locking gas cap. Found out when it arrived that it was only held on by 4 tiny set screws and anyone with a flat head screw driver could break into my gas cap in 30 seconds...

^^^yup same. The lock itself is a POS too. Don't even bother anymore. Just hoping the sight of it will deter anyone before they even try it [emoji16]

Installed a 3 inch zone lift regret it every single day caused so many shitty problems with my jeep still have it on until I can afford the enforcer [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

BenJKWrangler15

^^^yup same. The lock itself is a POS too. Don't even bother anymore. Just hoping the sight of it will deter anyone before they even try it [emoji16]

Let's hope so!

That sucks... Mine was just sooooooooo fucking noisy even tapped all the way. Sold it to one of my buddy. Worst mod I had put on my JK - going for JW speakers next instead of big aftermarket light bars

vitodivita

Regearing my front 30, I ended up getting a pro rock a year later...also putting an AEV lift on previous Jeep was another regretful purchase, that lift sucked.

Regearing my front 30, I ended up getting a pro rock a year later...also putting an AEV lift on previous Jeep was another regretful purchase, that lift sucked.

yea that sucks. that's why i tell everyone i can, that if they are even contemplating replacing their 30 with a 44, then to hold off on anything on your 30 other than gussets. because, we all know, if you're contemplating, in the end you're going to do it. that said, i sleeved and gusseted mine before i went to a pr44 about 2 years later :mad:

DMF

Light bar from eBay also. It never leaked or anything but damn that thing was loud.

I bought a cheap one on ebay too. I took it all apart and ran silicone over it. No problems so far. Hope yours works out in the long run.

ah man, i'm beyond the phase of doing to it what you did to yours. mine is just sitting up there until i decide to take it off. it's not hurting anything, but not necessarily helping either...the glow it gives out is stronger than my trucklites, but not what it should be lol. once i remove it, i'll get one of my switches back, which i can then use to run my future rock lights :)

Light bar from eBay also. It never leaked or anything but damn that thing was loud.

for peeps with the 50" light bars...just angle it down the slightest little bit and that noise will go away. that's what i did a long time ago and it hasn't whistled ever since.

Speeddmn

Oh dear...

Id have to say paying it off then needing cash in a hurry, took a loan out against it and here we are 2 years later and paying on it again.

Or the smittybilt winch that proceded to break on the second use. The housing snapped where the mount bolts bolted to it.

Same crappy locking gas cap.

For now on, pay once, cry once!

naysjp

Caught the Bug
It's not a mod but it was a waste of money. Those stupid neoprene seat covers. They were a couple of hundred dollars and I got the back seat for free. When they were faded, they looked like crap. I refuse to put them on my second Jeep but now looking for a better seat cover. Ideals welcome or just buy cheap ones and let them wear out. I could have purchased 4 pairs of cheap one that equaled what I paid for that first pair.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Let's hope so!

That sucks... Mine was just sooooooooo fucking noisy even tapped all the way. Sold it to one of my buddy. Worst mod I had put on my JK - going for JW speakers next instead of big aftermarket light bars

I gotta ask, still friends?

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
It's not a mod but it was a waste of money. Those stupid neoprene seat covers. They were a couple of hundred dollars and I got the back seat for free. When they were faded, they looked like crap. I refuse to put them on my second Jeep but now looking for a better seat cover. Ideals welcome or just buy cheap ones and let them wear out. I could have purchased 4 pairs of cheap one that equaled what I paid for that first pair.

Bartact is what you seek (formerly Trek Armor). A full set of their covers was one of the first things I did to the jeep.

Rb1boxer_3

Installing Evo builder corners without straps or clamps. I drilled so many wrong holes scratched the hell out of it and it was all jacked up. Good thing the dealership bought it back so it was there problem haha. Now for my new jeep I will take my time and do it right glad I learned something the first time.

Top Bottom