Line X or Rhino lined exterior pictures wanted

Mlopez4202

I'm thinking of doing my exterior of my 2002 TJ with bed liner. Has anyone done it? How about the colors? Thanks

Jiffy05

I would not do that. I have seen it done and almost bought a jeep with it on it until I thought about it and how hard it would be clean it after it got dirty. Another thing which may not be an issue for you is body rust. If you put that stuff on there it will just hide problem areas it.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Dont. You cant touch it up easily. You cant clean it easily, it generally traps and holds dirt. It will fade, they all seem to no matter the brand. If you get dents, it will pop off and then you will have paint showing through. Basically it just starts looking like shit. Inside the tub, maybe.

A buddy had a K5 that he done it too. Looked great until a few wheeling trips where on it. It was the Line-X brand. It always looked dirty no matter how hard you scrubbed it. Any and all dents it would eventually flake off, you couldnt touch it up. It got to where it just looked like crap and he scrapped it all off over time.

mds22

I used Raptor liner on my 2015 and love it. Had a professional painter help me with it so it came out great.
Cleaning: pressure wash it at any DIY car wash. I've never even used soap. It looks brand new every time
Touch up: just light sand the area and spray lightly. Blends in perfectly (done it twice, big areas) it's impossible to see where I touched it up. the only difficult thing is if, like me, you use tintable then you need to use the same amount of toner each time so the color will match exactly.
Love not dealing with scratches, pinstripes, swirls, etc.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467938713.228719.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467938729.551761.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467938830.021880.jpg

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Theres a ton of H1's on eBay that have their exterior bedlined. I don't particularly care for it, though I've not seen it done in a vibrant color like MDS22's Jeep above. That looks awesome.

I have my interior done with the Raptor Liner. I wouldn't care for that texture outside my Jeep.

Wambulance

I have my interior linex'd and I love it. You can run into the same problems as others mentioned with the exterior but if the surface is prepped right you shouldn't have too many issues

Pardon the dust

Attachments

• 1469170702435.jpg
    1469170702435.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 165

Ddays

Hooked
I used Raptor liner on my 2015 and love it. Had a professional painter help me with it so it came out great.
Cleaning: pressure wash it at any DIY car wash. I've never even used soap. It looks brand new every time
Touch up: just light sand the area and spray lightly. Blends in perfectly (done it twice, big areas) it's impossible to see where I touched it up. the only difficult thing is if, like me, you use tintable then you need to use the same amount of toner each time so the color will match exactly.
Love not dealing with scratches, pinstripes, swirls, etc.
View attachment 211643 View attachment 211644 View attachment 211645

I have t admit that looks pretty damn nice. Yours is one of the few that I've liked. The majority seem to be the faggy Starwood types that populate the malls and look like Clark Griswold decorated with lights ...:icon_crazy:

I've seen a few trucks up here that were Line-X'd in the Western Pa and eastern Ohio areas and its like Muddy & Jiffy said - tends to hide problem areas, chips off in large areas, hard to clean and generally looks like fido's ass after a year or so. If you're gonna do it I'd look into an alternative like that Raptor ^ liner.

caminton

Following. I also thought about doing this. I have a buddy that Monstaliner'd his and it looks pretty sweet.

Mlopez4202

I think after doing a lot more research. The issues of trying to match if I have a problem on trail or not is my concern. I think I'm going to wrap my jeel with a matte color so it actually hides imperfections.

Lukasavage

I think it looks awesome. I know some people have complaints about it, but if you take it to a professional shop (lineX), don't they guarantee their work? I am pretty sure they have a lifetime protection for your stuff. Just bring it back and get it resprayed. Not sure, but I want to do it!!! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470019415.662449.jpg

Top Bottom