Recall notice

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I received my recall notice today from FCA. My favorite part of this notice is the second paragraph. Check it out.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468095775.104110.jpg

fmdualexhaust

I had the exact same thing last year. Parts on national back order. We will call you.
6 months later, I call. Yea, we have parts, come on in.

jamesrw30

Got mine some time back for my '04 Grand and never got another letter about it. I ended up calling the dealership and they just ordered the part needed. I waited and waited and just never got anything else.

JeepDrum

Same thing here. I still haven't gotten my fuel tank fixed either. It spits up every time I get it filled.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Bump to this thread since I'm having my warranty work for the clock spring today. I have to admit I've never been to a Jeep dealership before because I bought mine secondhand. I had to laugh at the 2016 JKU's in the lot. They have Rocky Ridge lifts on them with aftermarket bumpers, magnaflow exhaust, and rugged ridge winch, and mickey Thompson wheels and tires. These are sport models and they're asking $57k for them. WTF!!!! Who would pay that?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Bump to this thread since I'm having my warranty work for the clock spring today. I have to admit I've never been to a Jeep dealership before because I bought mine secondhand. I had to laugh at the 2016 JKU's in the lot. They have Rocky Ridge lifts on them with aftermarket bumpers, magnaflow exhaust, and rugged ridge winch, and mickey Thompson wheels and tires. These are sport models and they're asking $57k for them. WTF!!!! Who would pay that?

#mallrated

GoldenJK

I'm sure lots of you have got the S43 recall for the passenger airbag inflator. I got this over 2 months ago and check the notes below, "may cause death and no parts are available". Yesterday the dealer told me there still isn't a fix and now my wife won't ride in the jeep. Her concern is probably overboard but understandable too.
IMG_1478277380.612545.jpg

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I'm sure lots of you have got the S43 recall for the passenger airbag inflator. I got this over 2 months ago and check the notes below, "may cause death and no parts are available". Yesterday the dealer told me there still isn't a fix and now my wife won't ride in the jeep. Her concern is probably overboard but understandable too.
View attachment 229526

I was told by the dealer that recall part is on back order. They said I have 250 people ahead of me waiting. It's still going to be few months.

GoldenJK

View attachment 229526

Has anyone got an update on s43 recall? Called dealership yesterday and they were no help.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Has anyone got an update on s43 recall? Called dealership yesterday and they were no help.

Last time I went to the dealer (late November) they said I prob wouldn't get my recall done till prob spring time as they were still waiting on tons of airbags to even be shipped

TANK

I received a second notice for the clockspring recall about 3 weeks back. Calling my local dealer I was actually able to get it taken care of last Wednesday. They told me that they've had the clocksprings for months but have been waiting on the replacement parts for the back of the steering wheel.

I lucked out in the fact that all they have are the trim pieces for the gray interior, but none for the tan. My brother took his Jk over to the same dealer having the same interior and he was sent away with them telling him that they only had the gray trim pieces for the steering wheels with cruise control and that since he didn't have that option that they would have to order a different trim piece for his.

Despite my luck, I'm amazed at how long FCA has taken and is continuing to take to resolve this recall.

For information sake, the dealer that performed my recall was Autonation Jeep/Chrysler on Arapahoe in Colorado.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Got my second one yesterday. Jeep was at the dealer for the clockspring fix and told me they still don't have the parts for this fix yet. Kind of annoying now.
IMG_2995.jpg

Top Bottom