Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: CJ buggy build

The material for the new foot plate came in today. I'll have to wait until I go to work to get started turning it in the lathe. I ordered a piece of 6061 aluminum, 8 1/4 diameter by 3 1/4 length. It should be stronger than the old cast plate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by klungly View Post
    The material for the new foot plate came in today. I'll have to wait until I go to work to get started turning it in the lathe. I ordered a piece of 6061 aluminum, 8 1/4 diameter by 3 1/4 length. It should be stronger than the old cast plate.
    Nice and I thought it was fun drawing machine parts in drafting class in highschool.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Nice and I thought it was fun drawing machine parts in drafting class in highschool.

Thanks, I'm glad I had those classes too. It definitely came in handy for the transfer case flange, I can use the adapter plate and transfer punch the hole for that flange.

While I'm waiting for the next day to go to work, I started getting the spare tire mocked up to build the spare tire carrier. There should be enough space to go up to 40's once these tires are worn out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's looking good. Closer and closer to being drivable. Note how I didn't say finished...haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    It's looking good. Closer and closer to being drivable. Note how I didn't say finished...haha.

Thanks man. I don't think it'll ever be completely done haha.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455