Pinch seem trimming

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Ok guys, it looks like trimming my rear pinch seems is inevitable. I wanted to post a thread up like the fender cutting thread to share where, and how you trimmed yours. Tools required, touch up paint used, tips and tricks, etc. Having yet to do this on my jeep, here are pics of my issue, it seems like the rear most pinch seem is the major problem on my jeep. I currently have my rear axle about 1" further back to center it in the wheel well. Here she is Flexed out in my driveway.

Attachments

• 1468453199369.jpg
    1468453199369.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 368
  • 1468453210175.jpg
    1468453210175.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 366
  • 1468453220621.jpg
    1468453220621.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 365
  • 1468453232230.jpg
    1468453232230.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:

Red_rox_jk

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468454020.561862.jpg
I cut mine WAY back and welded in patch plates. Keep water handy! The sound sound dampening foam in the body panels is highly flammable. Primed and came back over that with bed liner.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I cut mine similar to red_rox_jk front and rear but didn't weld because of the foam. Coated it with sealacone and painted with flat black primer. It cut pretty easily.
Used a sawsall.

Last edited:
Metalcloak has a video on how you can trim the seem. I haven't done mine et still trying to find the best way to do it! Been trying to do a bunch of research.

Rb1boxer_3

There's a guy on another forum he cut a bunch of the rear pinch seam and all around the wheel well he he cut 2 inch pieces and just hammered them up and painted over it. He did it like that to run 37s with no lift and cut fenders. I used jb weld on my last jeep when I cut seams. I haven't had time but will do the same to my new one. I'm gonna get everything cut and ready now so that why I won't have to do it when I install my lift.

danco3636

I trimmed mine both sides. Took my time after cut and used grinder to get the angles and contour right. After that I used epoxy to fill any open gaps. After that wet sanded it and paint matched.
Turned out custom like it came from the factory that way. Opened it up in the fender well a bit.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Metalcloak has a video on how you can trim the seem. I haven't done mine et still trying to find the best way to do it! Been trying to do a bunch of research.
Yeah, I watched that video the other day too. I am still researching as well, Post up what you find!

I trimmed mine both sides. Took my time after cut and used grinder to get the angles and contour right. After that I used epoxy to fill any open gaps. After that wet sanded it and paint matched.
Turned out custom like it came from the factory that way. Opened it up in the fender well a bit.

Do you have a finished pic? :thumb:

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I did mine with a jig saw and then filed and sanded it smooth then painted it. Would have painted the wheel well black after but my wife side she doesn't care what I do to the jeep the only thing is I can't paint the wheel wells haha I'm like ok I'll remember that anything haw :) lol

2011jk

Here is what I did to clear 40"

Attachments

• IMG_1898.jpg
    IMG_1898.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1892.jpg
    IMG_1892.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 202

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Looks awesome guys! I keep looking at everyone else's fenders now planning to to trim mine as clean as possible. Thanks. Keep 'em coming!

Top Bottom