Wheeling alone

RolandJKU

What is everyone's thoughts on going out on your own?

Tucson seems to be a bit silent as far as jeep runs go. I'm itching to explore and was wondering thoughts on heading out alone.

I know it's typically frowned upon, considered stupid and asking for trouble. Especially when it is so hot out.

There are several places I could go that aren't exactly difficult but are out of town enough they could turn bad.

Jaimegomez8

Honestly I would never think of wheeling alone, many things can go wrong, save the headaches and tag a buddy along!!

WJCO

Meme King
I'll do it on easier trails and always bring gear planning on spending the night if something were to go wrong. I typically have 72 hours worth of supplies in the Jeep for most weather conditions.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Typically when I go out exploring and easier trails, we go out alone. If it's a more difficult trail or the weather is supposed to be bad, we will go with others.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I go out alone at times on trails and camping. I love sleeping out in the open in a hammock...naked.

benatc1

Hooked
I go out alone all the time, don't do anything to difficult but its more just exploring and maybe a little playing around here and there. Have your recover gear and supplies in case you get in a pinch. Anything bad can happen but if you play it smart the chances will be lower.

I absolutely wheel alone maybe some forest roads back roads but like others stated nothing to crazy. Also if you plan on going anywhere alone you need to make sure you're self sufficient for trail fixes. I've had a few breaks on just forest roads just wash board. So just make sure you're prepared!

Galo

Hey.
Just as your Jeep is yours, how you build it, what tires, color, etc., so is what you do with it.
If you are new to your wheeling environment, or wheeling in general, going alone can be a bad idea.
Planning, preparation, and knowing your limitations and abilities vital. Keep someone informed of where you are heading and for how long.
Know your Jeep! Know yourself!
Decided what level of risk you are willing to accept.
Posting questions like this on Wayalife will help you decide, and make an informed decision.
Some of my best off road adventures were when I was alone, or just with family.

Many Jeepers schedules are such that if we had to wait for a friend, we would rarely get to wheel.

Very important, if you are not enjoying whatever it is you're doing with your Jeep, you are not doing it right.

Anymore, way later.

God Bless

J.

RolandJKU

I used to go alone a lot in Reno but most of the stuff was so close that I had cell service.

Maybe I'm over thinking it now. It could be because I haven't really used my jeep as its meant to be and need to learn what I can do. I would definitely take water, some groceries, gun and knife. Another forum has a threat about posting "hey I'm heading out alone, if I don't check in find me here."

Ddays

Hooked
I love sleeping out in the open in a hammock...naked.

:icon_crazy:

I don't have anything crazy here so I will go alone. This is mostly trails, old gas well roads & the like. You should be ok alone. Just make sure you are well practiced in using your recovery gear. I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of people out there that have never used their winch
and when the time comes, are unfamiliar how their vehicle is going to react to being winched. Just be smart about what you are doing.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
:icon_crazy:

I don't have anything crazy here so I will go alone. This is mostly trails, old gas well roads & the like. You should be ok alone. Just make sure you are well practiced in using your recovery gear. I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of people out there that have never used their winch
and when the time comes, are unfamiliar how their vehicle is going to react to being winched. Just be smart about what you are doing.

Fuck! That's me.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
As others have said you can go alone. I do it all the time but make sure you bring food, water and recovery gear at a minimum. I've gotten stuck several times out on my own where I would have been spending the night if I didn't have a winch and traction boards with me

ob_tj

I have only gone out alone once and it was on a road that I was very familiar with. When I got far enough and the snow started to get a little too deep I just turned around and headed home. I don't like to take the risk of getting stuck 20 miles from the main road. Well that was back before I had a winch, I might take that risk now.

rogerk93

I've gone out alone before but didn't do anything to crazy because of the fact nobody was there to help if something went wrong even tho I had a good amount of recovery gear and tools.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
You really should take a friend ESPECIALLY if you get lost...that way you can eat your friend if worst comes to worst.:cheesy:

Top Bottom