Saying hello from Chattanooga, TN

Draconianwinter

Thanks for allowing me to join. Just bought my first new vehicle ever that didn't involve work. Looking forward to getting it set up and ready to ride some good trails. Hopefully by next year I will have a lift and tires a well as a regear done on it. Will be going with a 3.5 inch lift and 35 inch tires on her. Can't wait to get her finished and set up. As of now she is a stock 2016 rubicon 2dr that when I decided to get it had to sell my old 83 cj7 renegade ( the real Renegade lol) couldn't keep both due to space. Miss my old jeep but definitely do not regret selling her to get this one. Anyone near chattanooga TN feel free to give me a shout maybe we can meet up as I really don't have anyone to keep with and don't really know of any good trails for a stock jeep yet.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL from Ohio! We have a WAL event in August at Windrock near Oak Ridge! Come and join!

Draconianwinter

Welcome to WAL from Ohio! We have a WAL event in August at Windrock near Oak Ridge! Come and join!

Cant promise I will be in town as I own a truck and gone most of the time, but if I can I will definitely try to make it. Ty for the welcome

thardy

Banned
Welcome from GA! Be sure to do your research before getting a lift. 3.5" is a LOT of lift for a 2dr. You can run 35s on a 2dr with very little lift and trimming the fenders.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Welcome from Atlanta! I've only been to a couple places in chattanooga.

You could check out Prentice Cooper but that's pretty much easy trail riding with some great views. Haley Rd there is probably the most challenging. Just make sure they're open since they close for Turkey Season for part of the year.

If you go just a bit further up Suck Creek Rd, you'll see Big Fork Rd. Take a right at McDowells Big Fork Nursery and keep left. About 2 miles down you'll see a dirt road and that leads to a few good trails and a large field in the back. I wouldn't go alone though.

I haven't been but I've also heard good things about Adventure Off-road Park in South Pittsburg. It's about 20 minutes from Chattanooga. Easy to crazy trails there.

Last edited:

Draconianwinter

Welcome from Atlanta! I've only been to a couple places in chattanooga.

You could check out Prentice Cooper but that's pretty much easy trail riding with some great views. Haley Rd there is probably the most challenging. Just make sure they're open since they close for Turkey Season for part of the year.

If you go just a bit further up Suck Creek Rd, you'll see Big Fork Rd. Take a right at McDowells Big Fork Nursery and keep left. About 2 miles down you'll see a dirt road and that leads to a few good trails and a large field in the back. I wouldn't go alone though.

I haven't been but I've also heard good things about Adventure Off-road Park in South Pittsburg. It's about 20 minutes from Chattanooga. Easy to crazy trails there.

LOL yeah I go there all the time as it is about the only place I can go atm without doing a lift and adding rocker gaurds as the standard wont work lol there is one very challenging spot on prentice cooper. that would definitely need a lift to do.

Draconianwinter

Welcome from GA! Be sure to do your research before getting a lift. 3.5" is a LOT of lift for a 2dr. You can run 35s on a 2dr with very little lift and trimming the fenders.

Yeah I have done nothing but research on it for nearly a month looking into what was said about every different lift out there and seems that most everyone agrees that the rock krawler 3.5 is abut the best set up even for the 2dr. and with it I can eventually go to 37 inch tires with very little modifications later if I chose to do so.

Draconianwinter

Thanks

Welcome from Morristown TN[emoji106]

Welcome from Marrietta, GA! I lived on Lookout Mtn while I went to SLTC (Lineman school in Trenton)

Welcome from the StL area. Sad to see one go but glad you got a new one to build up!

Welcome from Southern WV!

Welcome from Northeast Alabama

Welcome from Charlotte.

Welcome to WAL from Oklahoma!

Welcome to Wayalife

Welcome from Greenville SC

Good to have you here

Enjoy and have fun!

thanks for the warm welcomes all. and to those that live close by hope maybe we can all get together and run a trail sometime. everyone be safe and have fun.

Top Bottom