A different windshield light mount

Frydaddy

Finally, something that fits my needs.

I didn't want a big 'ole light bar, but the other mounts put the light too low. This mount puts light up high and gets it out to where I need it. Let me know what you guys think!

It hurts me to poke holes in my shiny new(ish) rig. I hope it was worth it.

IMG_20160718_174916482.jpg

OhNoTheJiggies

That's awesome, I was just talking about how there should be a bracket to mount some pods(or maybe even a bar?) up there without the bracket that goes all the way down. Anyway... Looks good, did you use nutserts?

Frydaddy

That's awesome, I was just talking about how there should be a bracket to mount some pods(or maybe even a bar?) up there without the bracket that goes all the way down. Anyway... Looks good, did you use nutserts?

nope, cheated. First, I measured a thousand ways to sunday, drilled and ran some sheet metal screws in. Nutserts would be cleaner, but i lack the tools. also, theres a thick piece of metal behind the sheet metal on the side of the windshield, roll bar core maybe?

GraniteCrystal said:
Wind noise?

all the way up to 90, its within my margin of error. i can hear a slight high pitch whistle, but i think that's from the wires being hastily run through the door jamb.

Frydaddy

Yeah it is. But that's legit, did you fab the bracket or buy it somewhere?

Made it my self, I wish I had some 1/8" to use instead. The two bolts you see are 2 7/16" apart, same as the lower windshield bolts. Theres another behind the light up top for triangulation, and I purposely used small sheet metal screws just in case I change my mind. Small holes are easier to hide than big holes.

BTW. I don't know what symbol you had on that last post, but the chinese translation is "music"

Edit: I dont have any drafting software, but if theres enough interest, I can draw something up from the template.

Last edited:

OhNoTheJiggies

Made it my self, I wish I had some 1/8" to use instead. The two bolts you see are 2 7/16" apart, same as the lower windshield bolts. Theres another behind the light up top for triangulation, and I purposely used small sheet metal screws just in case I change my mind. Small holes are easier to hide than big holes.

BTW. I don't know what symbol you had on that last post, but the chinese translation is "music"

Edit: I dont have any drafting software, but if theres enough interest, I can draw something up from the template.

Nice, you could probably use that for limb risers too if needed.

The symbol was a smiley that was scratching his chin... The contemplating smiley

christov11

would love to see this at night. i was debating the idea of spots shining towards the corner/ side of the fenders to get better light at night. rocklights are great but we dont have that many rock trails so I needed something higher. like this!

Frydaddy

Its ok with me. I haven't been making new posts in quite a while, just helpful comments on other tech questions. Ive got quite a big build log going now, and most of it is unique design, apart from the standard bolt-ons. One of these days ill copy it over from my imgur albums.

Sheep_Dog

It looks awesome but holy shhhh. 90mph. Really. Was I the only one who had a hard time absorbing that. Dammm my jeep sucks. Great creativity. But 90 was the real wow factor for me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frydaddy

You gotta have some balls to do 90mph in a lifted jeep with mud tires on. I get chills just thinking about it.....
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Here in AZ, the highways are 75 MPH, which really means 85 MPH, so you sometimes need to do 90 MPH to keep up with traffic.

This is why im torn between 4.10 and 4.56, I need good mileage since im doing a lot of 80 MPH on the regular.

Top Bottom