New PR60 Pricing!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Saw this yesterday and was super stoked! Just makes it easier to get the best axle on the market even if it is only semi float still! Now to start pricing a pr60 rear for knuckles

Ddays

Hooked
Well damn....I bought mine a year ago. Coulda upgraded to the full float setup at this price level.

Glad for everyone that can take advantage of this new pricing. Don't know why you'd go with anything else.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
the rears appear to only be semi-float axles, UD60's are full float. i would still save some more money to be able to get a full float rear

I would rather have a high quality Dynatrac semi-float ProRock 60 than Dana UD60 that comes with no warranty any day of the week. Looking at the Dana 44's that have come on all the JK's I've owned, their quality control is far from stellar. But hey, that's just me.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
the rears appear to only be semi-float axles, UD60's are full float. i would still save some more money to be able to get a full float rear

I would agree with you on going full float over semi float. I'd also consider that Dynatrac offer ARB lockers over Spicer's Eaton, which is a no contest in my mind.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I would rather have a high quality Dynatrac semi-float ProRock 60 than Dana UD60 that comes with no warranty any day of the week. Looking at the Dana 44's that have come on all the JK's I've owned, their quality control is far from stellar. But hey, that's just me.

The UD60s have a 1 year warranty.
http://media.spicerparts.com/cfs/files/media/9qm6enBCoemecDDG7/UD60WAR102015.pdf?store=original

Two weeks ago I was ready to pull the trigger on the UD60s due to pricing and FF rear, however my roof did not survive a recent hail storm (awaiting on price to repair). The new Dynatrac pricing definitely has me reconsidering my build plans.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
The UD60s have a 1 year warranty.
http://media.spicerparts.com/cfs/files/media/9qm6enBCoemecDDG7/UD60WAR102015.pdf?store=original

Two weeks ago I was ready to pull the trigger on the UD60s due to pricing and FF rear, however my roof did not survive a recent hail storm (awaiting on price to repair). The new Dynatrac pricing definitely has me reconsidering my build plans.

Did you read the fine print on their warranty? Lots of fine print. I put as much faith in that Dana/Spicer warranty as I do on my now irrelevant factory powertrain warranty. On a Jeep like mine with the Evo double throwdown suspension, I'd have no warranty on a new UD60. Because I changed the mounts on it, it is now "modified" and the warranty from Dana/Spicer is void. This was a big deciding factor is selling my new in crate UD60 axles and buying Dynatrac XD60 front/PR80 rear axles. The Dynatrac warranty is a 1 year, and during that year is absolutely the best in the business.

Also, here is the BIGGEST problem with the Dana/Spicer warranty, "Product parts and components manufactured by others (such as, wheel seals and tie rods) arewarranted solely by their manufacturers and not by Dana. " So if your Eaton E-Locker fails, or any other part that is not specifically manufactured by Dana/Spicer, you must contact that company for any warranty, not Dana/Spicer.

And here is the excerpt from Dynatrac's warranty, "
For a period of one (1) year from the date it is shipped from our facility, Dynatrac Products Co., Inc. (“Dynatrac”) will at its option repair or replace the products supplied by Dynatrac as part of the original axle assembly, kit or covered products that become unserviceable due to a defect in materials or workmanship". So this is saying that ANY part Dynatrac installs in your axle, is warrantied by them. The Foote/RCV axle shafts, Dana gears, ARB locker, etc. Whatever parts are installed in your axle, Dynatrac will warranty it themselves.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you read the fine print on their warranty? Lots of fine print. I put as much faith in that Dana/Spicer warranty as I do on my now irrelevant factory powertrain warranty. On a Jeep like mine with the Evo double throwdown suspension, I'd have no warranty on a new UD60. Because I changed the mounts on it, it is now "modified" and the warranty from Dana/Spicer is void. This was a big deciding factor is selling my new in crate UD60 axles and buying Dynatrac XD60 front/PR80 rear axles. The Dynatrac warranty is a 1 year, and during that year is absolutely the best in the business.

Also, here is the BIGGEST problem with the Dana/Spicer warranty, "Product parts and components manufactured by others (such as, wheel seals and tie rods) arewarranted solely by their manufacturers and not by Dana. " So if your Eaton E-Locker fails, or any other part that is not specifically manufactured by Dana/Spicer, you must contact that company for any warranty, not Dana/Spicer.

And here is the excerpt from Dynatrac's warranty, "
For a period of one (1) year from the date it is shipped from our facility, Dynatrac Products Co., Inc. (“Dynatrac”) will at its option repair or replace the products supplied by Dynatrac as part of the original axle assembly, kit or covered products that become unserviceable due to a defect in materials or workmanship". So this is saying that ANY part Dynatrac installs in your axle, is warrantied by them. The Foote/RCV axle shafts, Dana gears, ARB locker, etc. Whatever parts are installed in your axle, Dynatrac will warranty it themselves.

Excellent response and better than I could have said myself.

Is the stock width rear prorock 60 something new? I thought previously, that the only way to get a stock width rear 60 was to get the trail series...or am I just completely out of the loop?

You can get a ProRock 60 custom made just about anyway you want.

So when I got my trail series quote with prorock housing last week, should I have asked for a prorock 60 with factory width instead? Or are they one in the same? Just want to make sure I'm pricing out what I want - which ultimately is a prorock 60 stock width rear.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So when I got my trail series quote with prorock housing last week, should I have asked for a prorock 60 with factory width instead? Or are they one in the same? Just want to make sure I'm pricing out what I want - which ultimately is a prorock 60 stock width rear.

Pretty much the same at that point. It's 6 to one, half dozen to the other

Benito

Caught the Bug

I would agree with you on going full float over semi float. I'd also consider that Dynatrac offer ARB lockers over Spicer's Eaton, which is a no contest in my mind.

Let me try this one more time. "The Rears appear to only be semi-float axles, UD60's are full float. I would keep on saving my money to be able to get a PR60 full float rear, rather than settling for a semi float PR60"

Top Bottom