Black hardtop to White hardtop

LasVegasJK

I'm considering trading my 2015 black hardtop for a 2012 white hardtop. My Jeep is Bright White.
Are the whites the same between the years? The color code for my 2015 is pw7, but I can't seem to confirm that 2012 is the same color.

clos0791

I'm considering trading my 2015 black hardtop for a 2012 white hardtop. My Jeep is Bright White.
Are the whites the same between the years? The color code for my 2015 is pw7, but I can't seem to confirm that 2012 is the same color.

I have a 2015 JKU bright white with the top to match. I love the white top.

Sorry, I don't know if the 2012 is the exact color match. FYI, my top does not match the body of the jeep 100%. I am a bit OCD and when I brought my brand new jeep home a year ago, I noticed that in the shade the top matches the rest of the jeep. In the bright sun, at different angles, you can see that the top is a different type of white. Maybe because the top is made out of fiberglass. Not enough to bother most people, but it did bother me a bit. But again, I love the white top on a white jeep.

LasVegasJK

I have a 2015 JKU bright white with the top to match. I love the white top.

Sorry, I don't know if the 2012 is the exact color match. FYI, my top does not match the body of the jeep 100%. I am a bit OCD and when I brought my brand new jeep home a year ago, I noticed that in the shade the top matches the rest of the jeep. In the bright sun, at different angles, you can see that the top is a different type of white. Maybe because the top is made out of fiberglass. Not enough to bother most people, but it did bother me a bit. But again, I love the white top on a white jeep.

Yeah, I've noticed that and I'm ok with it. I have some 1/2 doors that I had powder coated white and I can tell the difference between them and the body of the jeep, but no one else can. Like you said, different angles will reveal the difference.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
The paint code on my 13 is PW7. Different batches of the same paint can have slight differences. I say go for it. It will be as close as you can get to perfect match.

Some jeep colors are used for years, others months. Look at all of the different blues.

I think my 09 was PW7

LasVegasJK

The paint code on my 13 is PW7. Different batches of the same paint can have slight differences. I say go for it. It will be as close as you can get to perfect match.

Some jeep colors are used for years, others months. Look at all of the different blues.

I think my 09 was PW7

I made the trade. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469216078.662557.jpg

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Sweet. I love the white top, it is way cooler than black. I have to keep the sides black on mine to keep the wife happy, but she likes it white on the top.

Maybe I finish that project if humidity ever drops here.

image.jpg

Top Bottom