Plastic window repair

LaSkyWkr

On my 68 Jeepster, I have a soft top from Best Top...and the windows are permanently attached...so I roll safari style most of the time...unless the top is down or it's too cold.

With all of the rolling up and down...the back window ended up with a 6 inch break. I started with clear tape to stop it from getting worse...but I just did NOT like it...and not worth replacing the entire top.

I tried an 'As Seen On TV' product...the repair could have been cleaner...but I still like the outcome much better than the tape.

If I had to do it again (likely To happen)...I would probably practice on something else first...and put clear tape on the back side...apply glue to the front...push the pieces together...wipe excess away...THEN apply the light to activate the glue.

Anyway...just wanted to share.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469164095.925950.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469164106.286764.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469164115.883862.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
On my 68 Jeepster, I have a soft top from Best Top...and the windows are permanently attached...so I roll safari style most of the time...unless the top is down or it's too cold.

With all of the rolling up and down...the back window ended up with a 6 inch break. I started with clear tape to stop it from getting worse...but I just did NOT like it...and not worth replacing the entire top.

I tried an 'As Seen On TV' product...the repair could have been cleaner...but I still like the outcome much better than the tape.

If I had to do it again (likely To happen)...I would probably practice on something else first...and put clear tape on the back side...apply glue to the front...push the pieces together...wipe excess away...THEN apply the light to activate the glue.

Anyway...just wanted to share.

View attachment 214010 View attachment 214011 View attachment 214012

Thats awesome! I was curious if that stuff really worked. Looks like you found a great use for it. Please keep us posted as to how it holds up.

WJCO

Meme King
That's really cool. Never seen that before. That's exactly how glass chip repair works so I imagine this stuff will last. Very cool.

LaSkyWkr

I know I’m not here much at all...but I remembered someone asked...so...it lasted almost 2 years...I plan on the doing the same repair if I can find the product...the little line from the glue sure beats the packing tape solution turning yellow or flaking off...and I plan on taking my own advice(practicing on something else and holding it in place with tape first).

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
I know I’m not here much at all...but I remembered someone asked...so...it lasted almost 2 years...I plan on the doing the same repair if I can find the product...the little line from the glue sure beats the packing tape solution turning yellow or flaking off...and I plan on taking my own advice(practicing on something else and holding it in place with tape first).

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

That was me. I saw I responded to this thread and didn't even remember that I had as it was almost 2 yeas ago...haha. Glad it held up. I'll definitely keep it in mind for some odd glue type repair job I may have to make. Thanks for the follow up!

Top Bottom