Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Welding help

Welding help

Quote Originally Posted by Zstairlessone View Post
    Please look at the duty cycle for each of these units, the small one is 20% at 90 amps the 175 is like 30% at 135 amps. This is why people are trying to get you to save up for a better welder if you can.
    Yeah i did see that. I just wasnt sure if that was the normal or not bc miller nor lincolns website advertise their duty cycles. At least that i could find
    Last edited by GregMort13; 07-23-2016 at 05:22 PM.

Welding help

Just looked on northern tool and the lincoln 140 and the hobart 140 also both have a duty cycle of 20%

Edit: 20% duty cycle seems to be the norm for the 140 welders because even the millermatic 141 has a duty cycle of 20%
    Last edited by GregMort13; 07-23-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Knows a Thing or Two QuicksilverJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GregMort13 View Post
    Thanks guys, after talking to a few friends and hearing everyones advice here, i think ive settled on two budget friendly options.

Like i stated, i dont have 220 service right now so I'm leaning towards..

http://www.eastwood.com/mig-welder-1...pd6hoCJLrw_wcB

If i decide to get an electrician friend to get a sub panel going for me, ill more then likely go with...

http://www.eastwood.com/mig-welders-...OLIRoCvCDw_wcB

I would really enjoy the 175 because the option to expand my horizons to the growing popular aluminum jeep bumpers and what not.

Ive got a few weeks before i can pull the trigger on one of these financially
    I have owned the Eastwood 175 before. It was an alright unit, ran smooth beads when it worked. I owned it 2.5 years and had to have warranty parts sent from China 3 times. The final time was a gas solenoid that took 3 months to get. I ended up selling at as soon as I fixed it and picked up a Hobart at Tractor Supply for about $150 more. To me the reliability is well worth the extra cost. And if I didn't diagnose the problems and fix them myself then I would have had to pay to ship it to the factory for repair.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234