Shrockworks or LOD Sliders

CJW

Wayalife Crew,
I've been looking at getting new sliders since my PS ones are getting pretty bent up. I've decided to get a sturdy frame mounted design and am interested in the sliders made by Shrockworks and LOD. I've seen a lot of old posts about shrockworks and generally people like them. I've also see a lot of posts about the LOD sliders and have seen zero complaints. I like both and they seem very similar. The only real difference I can see is that the shrockworks appear to be a little bit longer from front to back. So what do you think? Opinions? Experiences?
And since I'm sure EVO will be recommended, I'm just not sure i like the design of them aesthetically.
Thanks all!!!:beer:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I like the lod sliders. They were my second choice when picking out a set. The nice thing about them is that they can be either bolt on or you can weld them on as well. Plus they just look really good

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Wayalife Crew,
I've been looking at getting new sliders since my PS ones are getting pretty bent up. I've decided to get a sturdy frame mounted design and am interested in the sliders made by Shrockworks and LOD. I've seen a lot of old posts about shrockworks and generally people like them. I've also see a lot of posts about the LOD sliders and have seen zero complaints. I like both and they seem very similar. The only real difference I can see is that the shrockworks appear to be a little bit longer from front to back. So what do you think? Opinions? Experiences?
And since I'm sure EVO will be recommended, I'm just not sure i like the design of them aesthetically.
Thanks all!!!:beer:

No experience with those but wanted to make sure you saw the new design for the EVO sliders. They look better than the old version in my opinion.

CJW

I like the lod sliders. They were my second choice when picking out a set. The nice thing about them is that they can be either bolt on or you can weld them on as well. Plus they just look really good

Good point! I like the option to weld later.

CJW

I will third the LOD sliders. I have them and welded them on to the frame. I have beat the shit out of them and they have held up great. Would buy again in a heartbeat.

Good Intel! How do the trim plates on the sides hold up?

Exodus 4x4

LOD. I haven't had any issues with them and have set my jeep down on them plenty of times. They also help the wife get in.

toyotire

while shockworks makes some very nice bumpers I have LoD sliders and they have been anvil tough. I have dropped down on them will full weight and they are solid. people worry because they are a little shorter but that has never been an issue for me and they are long enough for full protection. I drilled and tapped my frame and it was fine doing it that way. they frame is fairly thin and I worried about only having a few threads but it has not been a problem.

CJW

while shockworks makes some very nice bumpers I have LoD sliders and they have been anvil tough. I have dropped down on them will full weight and they are solid. people worry because they are a little shorter but that has never been an issue for me and they are long enough for full protection. I drilled and tapped my frame and it was fine doing it that way. they frame is fairly thin and I worried about only having a few threads but it has not been a problem.

Thanks for the input. Nice to hear tapping wasn't an issue

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I have installed the LoD sliders on a friend's Jeep and like them. I will say this though, LoD's recent response to some quality issues related to their rear bumper have made it very difficult for me to recommend their products anymore.

CJW

Does anyone have experience with either while running long arms? It looks like the LOD's rear most mount would clear the rear long arm mounts. Shrockworks seem to mount farther back which I'm guessing would interfere with LA's. I don't have LA's at the moment...just a thought about future compatibility.

Top Bottom