Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

Brilliant guide... Thanks guys...

Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

Good stuff! I'll use this to help educate me on the stuff under my hood that makes it do the driving things!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiromancer View Post
    Good stuff! I'll use this to help educate me on the stuff under my hood that makes it do the driving things!
    That totally sounds like me. I'm usually like "you lost me a track bar."

It's been 6 months with the jeep and I'm still trying to learn basics. It's coming along though. This forum has really helped!

Fresh Catch

Thank you!

Oh my! Finally! When I first got my JK, I was looking exactly for something like the drawing you made, but couldn't find anything out there that was decent... Now you have the drawing *and* what to do with it all in one spot. Bravo!

My shop just did gears for me, and when I go back for the break-in diff oil change, they are going to do my alignment and install caster bolts to improve the 'flightiness', and compensate for all the Gobi/LoD weight I'm adding to the Jeep. But I have a very adjustable 4" Teraflex lift, so now you've got me wondering why the heck he had me buy the caster bolts??? Also, why don't you recommend them?

Thank you for the great write-up!

Nothing but a Thing Jersey_Devil's Avatar
    Great write up!
    HAPPY JEEPIN! ALMOST DOORS OFF WEATHER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chamberlin View Post
    Oh my! Finally! When I first got my JK, I was looking exactly for something like the drawing you made, but couldn't find anything out there that was decent... Now you have the drawing *and* what to do with it all in one spot. Bravo!

My shop just did gears for me, and when I go back for the break-in diff oil change, they are going to do my alignment and install caster bolts to improve the 'flightiness', and compensate for all the Gobi/LoD weight I'm adding to the Jeep. But I have a very adjustable 4" Teraflex lift, so now you've got me wondering why the heck he had me buy the caster bolts??? Also, why don't you recommend them?
    Your shop is recommending them because they either don't know any better or, are just looking to sell you on something you don't need or want.

Cam bolts suck because in order to install them, you have to cut your factory axle mount holes and convert them from squares to rectangular slots. The bolts use washers that get fitted in between embossed tabs to help hold everything in place and, while these are cheap and will work fine on pavement, off road use will cause your bolts to loosen up and eventually allow everything to slop around. Not exactly something you want. Even worse, reversing the modification will require yo to have the holes welded up.

Fresh Catch

Re: Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

Thank you very much for your comments- at least I have some knowledge now before I question them on their cam bolt suggestions!
    Last edited by chamberlin; 01-13-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Fresh Catch
    Thanks for the write up Eddie!! It helps me better understand whats going on between me and the road. I really wanted to do most of this myself but since tweaking my back a couple of weeks ago I cant bend and twist like I should so I will be having Mel and his crew take a look when I have them do the drag link flip kit before Moab. I want it done right by people I trust to do a great job.

Thanks again,
    Bob(BTKillerr)

Fresh Catch
    Just note that when setting your caster, your also changing your pinion angle. Also, I noticed the write up goes from UCA's and skips to LCA's. Overall great write up, I wish all the forums write ups were converted over here. Much easier to read and see pictures when printed off!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast