Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
    Just note that when setting your caster, your also changing your pinion angle.
    Unlike the rear, a properly aligned front end will always been a compromise between good positive caster and pinion angle. The more caster you have, the better your steering will feel at highway speeds but the more chance you will get drive line vibrations. A pinion angle that is in line with the front drive shaft will leave you with negative caster and that will give you terrible handling. About +4° or stock caster is the best you can really hope for.

Also, I noticed the write up goes from UCA's and skips to LCA's.
    Adjustable LCA's are technically used to position your axle and the UCA's are used to set caster. If you can only afford to get one set, LCA's are much easier to install and make adjustments to. The write-up would still be the same only on the lower arms.

Overall great write up, I wish all the forums write ups were converted over here. Much easier to read and see pictures when printed off!
    Glad to hear you like it better here. I intend to move them all over as time permits.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post

Glad to hear you like it better here. I intend to move them all over as time permits.
    Awesome. Can I make a request? How about the automatic transmission flush? Or power steering flush - if there is one, I can't find it!

I just put psc kit on my jeep. On the back roads it feels quick steering and almost like it wants to over steer. At highway speeds it feel good though. This summer they told me my caster was at 3.2. Does this sound like I need to bring it to 4 or do I just need to get used to the hydro assist.
    2014 Jeep JKU Rubicon

Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

What about aev's drop brackets? I have a RC 3.25" 2.2.... Good alternative to adj arms.?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by badassbrass View Post
    What about aev's drop brackets? I have a RC 3.25" 2.2.... Good alternative to adj arms.?

Only if you don't care about clearance. I'd rather keep my arms high and tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirmish View Post
    Only if you don't care about clearance. I'd rather keep my arms high and tight.
    Good! Arms for me then!

As mentioned, drop brackets will rob you of significant clearance and right behind your front tires - a place that does get hit a lot. The brackets will help correct caster but, adjustable front lower arms will do that too and without robbing you of ground clearance.

Re: Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

I have 18 3/4 on passenger side and 18 1/4 on the driver side and the trackbar is as short as I can make it, should I be worried about this.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Re: Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast