Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: M.O.R.E. Dual Battery Tray Installation Write-Up w/ODYSSEY Batteries (2007-11 JK)

Eddie, you still running this dual battery setup? I'm not familiar at all with a 2 battery system. I assume as long as both positives are touching each other and both negatives are touching each other, then it is still a 12v system correct? And the alternator still charges both of them at the same time? Any risk or issues?

Then for welding, you would run them in series, disconnect everything and run a positive wire to negative on the other battery to create a 24v system?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Eddie, you still running this dual battery setup? I'm not familiar at all with a 2 battery system. I assume as long as both positives are touching each other and both negatives are touching each other, then it is still a 12v system correct? And the alternator still charges both of them at the same time? Any risk or issues?

Then for welding, you would run them in series, disconnect everything and run a positive wire to negative on the other battery to create a 24v system?
    I am no longer running this setup as I am now running an LS and it wouldn't fit. You can run it as you have described but it would be more beneficial if you ran it with an isolator system. There are a few companies like Painless Performance that make a kit for this. For welding, yes, you would need to disconnect them and run them in series. If you're using something like a Premier Ready Welder II, you would need to have it set for this as well.

Caught the Bug
    Does anyone know if the MORE Dual battery tray will interfere with the EVO Bolt on Coilovers? I'm looking at installing one after the other and am thinking the ribs underneath the battery tray are the ones I'm supposed to trim when installing the front passenger coilover tower.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234