Oklahoma City area Recommendations for Great Shop?

Moxxxy

Hello again. I'm on the cusp of a suspension lift upgrade and want to know where the best place in the OKC area is. I want to find someone who is passionate and lives, eats, and breathes suspension statistics, geometry, etc. I just don't have time for all those details and would really appreciate any input and/or recommendations.

Moxxxy

I had someone tell me that J&T Truck in OKC is good. Anyone with experience/knowledge of them?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
What are you looking to do with your jeep? What size tires?

I'm in the Stillwater area but I'm not a shop or business. I can help install anything though.

shortyokc

Stay far far away from jt truck, they do dealer installed lifts for a bunch of local dealerships and don't stand behind their work. I know from a personal experience. I bought my jeep originally with a dealer installed lift and come to find out it was jt truck. Everything was procomp or rough country. I had several issues and was returned 7 times to the dealer and I finally replaced the lift/suspension with evo, synergy, fox, jks. The best shop in okc is offroad addiction and talk to Mike Dobbs. If you need more info let me know

Moxxxy

What are you looking to do with your jeep? What size tires?

I'm in the Stillwater area but I'm not a shop or business. I can help install anything though.

I have been looking at a 3.5" MetalCloak or RockKrawler suspension lift, Mopar Beadlocks (since they can be used either as beadlock or normal), and 35" BFG KO2's. I'm 95% on-road and this is my DD. So, I'm not trying to go 'crazy' just yet, but I also don't want to scrap the investment in an aftermarket suspension system in 4-6 years when it becomes an offroad only toy. I really appreciate the kind gesture, but I want someone that I can go to that will help me maintain it. I can turn a wrench, but I'm not going to pretend to understand Pinion Angles or any of the myriad of considerations that a properly tuned suspension has going for it. I'll stick to computers and basic mechanics ;)

Last edited:

Moxxxy

Stay far far away from jt truck, they do dealer installed lifts for a bunch of local dealerships and don't stand behind their work. I know from a personal experience. I bought my jeep originally with a dealer installed lift and come to find out it was jt truck. Everything was procomp or rough country. I had several issues and was returned 7 times to the dealer and I finally replaced the lift/suspension with evo, synergy, fox, jks. The best shop in okc is offroad addiction and talk to Mike Dobbs. If you need more info let me know

Much appreciated shortyokc! I had already raised an eyebrow when I saw that most of their work was procomp. I definitely want a shop that I can go to, if I have an issue. I will definitely be giving them a call!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I would look at a 2.5 inch budget boost. It's relatively inexpensive, gives a stock like ride, can be sold at a later date to somebody just starting out and you will recoup most of your money back. You will easily clear 35s also. Since you drive on the road a lot it will give you the factory ride also. If you get a kit like the Teraflex one, it has most everything you need. At the 2.5 inches you also won't need a front drive shaft, or lower adjustable control arms up front on a four door. On a two door you will need front and rear driveshafts and front adjustable lower control arms and rear upper adjustable control arms. Those are highly recommended anyway with lifts at 3 inches or more. On both the two and four doors it's also recommended to do a drag link flip kit at 3 inches to correct your steering and recenter your axle.

I would avoid most shops including Offroad Addiction if that's the shop I am thinking of that is next to H&H gun range. They were giving a lot of bad info on a Facebook post a while back. Most shops will just to get you to buy what they carry and to make more money off of you on stuff that isn't needed.

Moxxxy

I would look at a 2.5 inch budget boost. It's relatively inexpensive, gives a stock like ride, can be sold at a later date to somebody just starting out and you will recoup most of your money back. You will easily clear 35s also. Since you drive on the road a lot it will give you the factory ride also. If you get a kit like the Teraflex one, it has most everything you need. At the 2.5 inches you also won't need a front drive shaft, or lower adjustable control arms up front on a four door. On a two door you will need front and rear driveshafts and front adjustable lower control arms and rear upper adjustable control arms. Those are highly recommended anyway with lifts at 3 inches or more. On both the two and four doors it's also recommended to do a drag link flip kit at 3 inches to correct your steering and recenter your axle.

I would avoid most shops including Offroad Addiction if that's the shop I am thinking of that is next to H&H gun range. They were giving a lot of bad info on a Facebook post a while back. Most shops will just to get you to buy what they carry and to make more money off of you on stuff that isn't needed.

Thanks for that input. You perfectly illustrated why I need a shop that knows what the heck they're doing. The place next to H&H is not Offroad Addiction, it is "Custom Off-Road Equipment". Funny that you mentioned Custom Off-Road... I stopped in to discuss my goals and see if they would be a fit. I couldn't put my finger on the problem, but there is no way that I am trusting them with my Jeep. Nothing solid to base that statement on... just a gut feeling.

Last edited:

shortyokc

offroad addiction is on the north side on ne 122 just west of broadway extension, you are thinking of custom offroad equipment also know as core run by jerry cantrell. they use to have a good reputation but not sure anymore, iv had my issues with them and so have the local jeep guys i run around with. we have all had the impression and treated like unless we spend thousands in his shop on complete builds he wont give you the time or day and just walks around at all jeep events with his nose in the air. he also sided with the jeep dealership when i had all my steering and vibration issues and pretty much called me a liar and was trying to make something out of nothing that i ended up fixing myself.

Top Bottom