Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Oklahoma City area Recommendations for Great Shop?

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch Moxxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    17

    Oklahoma City area Recommendations for Great Shop?

    Hello again. I'm on the cusp of a suspension lift upgrade and want to know where the best place in the OKC area is. I want to find someone who is passionate and lives, eats, and breathes suspension statistics, geometry, etc. I just don't have time for all those details and would really appreciate any input and/or recommendations.

  2. #2
    Fresh Catch Moxxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    17
    Wrong forum or are there just no reputable shops for RK/MC in the OKC area. If there aren't, I suppose that I will be making a pilgrimage to Olathe, Kansas... https://www.facebook.com/StomperOffRoad

  3. #3
    Nothing but a Thing Honor2afault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxxxy View Post
    Wrong forum or are there just no reputable shops for RK/MC in the OKC area. If there aren't, I suppose that I will be making a pilgrimage to Olathe, Kansas... https://www.facebook.com/StomperOffRoad
    Might also want to look into Chux Trux. They do sweet jeeps and know thier craft. If you're going to be coming to KC
    Courtesy is given. Respect is Earned.

  4. #4
    Fresh Catch Moxxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    17
    I had someone tell me that J&T Truck in OKC is good. Anyone with experience/knowledge of them?

  5. #5
    Nothing but a Thing mudmobeeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,477
    What are you looking to do with your jeep? What size tires?

    I'm in the Stillwater area but I'm not a shop or business. I can help install anything though.
    2014 JKUR named NORDNDD.

    Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ing-of-NoRdNdd

  6. #6
    Hooked shortyokc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    171
    Stay far far away from jt truck, they do dealer installed lifts for a bunch of local dealerships and don't stand behind their work. I know from a personal experience. I bought my jeep originally with a dealer installed lift and come to find out it was jt truck. Everything was procomp or rough country. I had several issues and was returned 7 times to the dealer and I finally replaced the lift/suspension with evo, synergy, fox, jks. The best shop in okc is offroad addiction and talk to Mike Dobbs. If you need more info let me know

  7. #7
    Fresh Catch Moxxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by mudmobeeler View Post
    What are you looking to do with your jeep? What size tires?

    I'm in the Stillwater area but I'm not a shop or business. I can help install anything though.
    I have been looking at a 3.5" MetalCloak or RockKrawler suspension lift, Mopar Beadlocks (since they can be used either as beadlock or normal), and 35" BFG KO2's. I'm 95% on-road and this is my DD. So, I'm not trying to go 'crazy' just yet, but I also don't want to scrap the investment in an aftermarket suspension system in 4-6 years when it becomes an offroad only toy. I really appreciate the kind gesture, but I want someone that I can go to that will help me maintain it. I can turn a wrench, but I'm not going to pretend to understand Pinion Angles or any of the myriad of considerations that a properly tuned suspension has going for it. I'll stick to computers and basic mechanics
    Last edited by Moxxxy; 08-01-2016 at 11:24 PM.

  8. #8
    Fresh Catch Moxxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by shortyokc View Post
    Stay far far away from jt truck, they do dealer installed lifts for a bunch of local dealerships and don't stand behind their work. I know from a personal experience. I bought my jeep originally with a dealer installed lift and come to find out it was jt truck. Everything was procomp or rough country. I had several issues and was returned 7 times to the dealer and I finally replaced the lift/suspension with evo, synergy, fox, jks. The best shop in okc is offroad addiction and talk to Mike Dobbs. If you need more info let me know
    Much appreciated shortyokc! I had already raised an eyebrow when I saw that most of their work was procomp. I definitely want a shop that I can go to, if I have an issue. I will definitely be giving them a call!

  9. #9
    Nothing but a Thing mudmobeeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,477
    I would look at a 2.5 inch budget boost. It's relatively inexpensive, gives a stock like ride, can be sold at a later date to somebody just starting out and you will recoup most of your money back. You will easily clear 35s also. Since you drive on the road a lot it will give you the factory ride also. If you get a kit like the Teraflex one, it has most everything you need. At the 2.5 inches you also won't need a front drive shaft, or lower adjustable control arms up front on a four door. On a two door you will need front and rear driveshafts and front adjustable lower control arms and rear upper adjustable control arms. Those are highly recommended anyway with lifts at 3 inches or more. On both the two and four doors it's also recommended to do a drag link flip kit at 3 inches to correct your steering and recenter your axle.

    I would avoid most shops including Offroad Addiction if that's the shop I am thinking of that is next to H&H gun range. They were giving a lot of bad info on a Facebook post a while back. Most shops will just to get you to buy what they carry and to make more money off of you on stuff that isn't needed.
    2014 JKUR named NORDNDD.

    Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ing-of-NoRdNdd

  10. #10
    Fresh Catch Moxxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by mudmobeeler View Post
    I would look at a 2.5 inch budget boost. It's relatively inexpensive, gives a stock like ride, can be sold at a later date to somebody just starting out and you will recoup most of your money back. You will easily clear 35s also. Since you drive on the road a lot it will give you the factory ride also. If you get a kit like the Teraflex one, it has most everything you need. At the 2.5 inches you also won't need a front drive shaft, or lower adjustable control arms up front on a four door. On a two door you will need front and rear driveshafts and front adjustable lower control arms and rear upper adjustable control arms. Those are highly recommended anyway with lifts at 3 inches or more. On both the two and four doors it's also recommended to do a drag link flip kit at 3 inches to correct your steering and recenter your axle.

    I would avoid most shops including Offroad Addiction if that's the shop I am thinking of that is next to H&H gun range. They were giving a lot of bad info on a Facebook post a while back. Most shops will just to get you to buy what they carry and to make more money off of you on stuff that isn't needed.
    Thanks for that input. You perfectly illustrated why I need a shop that knows what the heck they're doing. The place next to H&H is not Offroad Addiction, it is "Custom Off-Road Equipment". Funny that you mentioned Custom Off-Road... I stopped in to discuss my goals and see if they would be a fit. I couldn't put my finger on the problem, but there is no way that I am trusting them with my Jeep. Nothing solid to base that statement on... just a gut feeling.
    Last edited by Moxxxy; 08-02-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS