Draconianwinter's build post

Draconianwinter

So I just went and picked up the first of several mods that will be getting done over the coarse of the next year. Heading home with a set of smitty built src rocker gaurds. :)

Last edited:

Big Bad Wolf

Looks good!. I still have my Rubicon sliders, they hold up half ok but will replace them at some point.

What's next ?

Draconianwinter

Thanks and while not 100% sure

Looks good!. I still have my Rubicon sliders, they hold up half ok but will replace them at some point.

What's next ?

I think next will be a poison spider front bumper. And after that some more skid plates and to replace the ones that it came with. they will work for now but will definitely be replacing them.
And yeah the factory ones will work but I was worried about a rock hitting just above them which is why I replaced them with the smittybilt ones. I do like how they look but I am also one for American made products as they are a much better quality steel than what china has. have hauled both American made steel and Chinese made steel and I can promise you there is a huge difference in it. the Chinese made has a habit of rusting very quickly and that is just while in transit for a couple days :thumb:

Draconianwinter

Well it is not a new bumper yet lol........

But I think it is just as important an up grade to my exterior lol. Now I just need the door banner for both doors lol

Attachments

• DSC_2048.jpg
    DSC_2048.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 533

WJCO

Meme King
.... which is why I replaced them with the smittybilt ones. I do like how they look but I am also one for American made products as they are a much better quality steel than what china has......

Does Smittybuilt use American steel? I thought all the stuff they built was from China. Curious.

Draconianwinter

Why waste money when you had a good set of sliders already? Would have made more sense to save up a little longer and get something quality. I dont really know what I am talking about tho.

I agree, but i actually bought them because I liked the look. What I didn't know at the time was they were made in China. And again I needed a set for what I planned on doing that same week. Unfortunately it was a waist of money and to make matters worse my plans fell through. It happens. These will work for now. Not going to replace them right away as no need to do that. Money already spent so will keep them until after I get the things I need top get done later.

WJCO

Meme King
So far as I know poison spider is still made here smitty however is Chinese crap. Just needed something cheap and available atm. So I went with them. Will be replacing later on.

I must have mis-understood your post. I thought you were saying that you thought the SB ones were built in the USA.

Draconianwinter

Hmm on here is a list of things I am looking at getting for my build. Couple questions about the lift. One what will I need aside from drive shafts for everything to clear. Tires will 35" just haven't made my mind up on the brand. Will be getting things one thing at a time do this will take a while to finish. Looking at being done hopefully by spring with this part of the build

Shopping Cart

10 items
Cart Subtotal: $4,149.66
Proceed to Checkout »

Fox Racing Shox Rear 2.0 Performance Series IFP Shock for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK
Style: 1.5-3.5" Lift
Item No: 16335.4001
Each: $129.95
Quantity:

EVO Manufacturing 35" Tire Enforcer Suspension System without Shocks for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK
Item No: 12250.0100.07
Each: $1,289.99
Quantity:

$1,289.99
Remove

Spidertrax 1.5" Wheel Spacer Kit in Black for 05-16 Jeep® Wrangler JK, Unlimited JK, Grand Cherokee WK & Commander XK with 5x5" Bolt Pattern
Item No: 92807.0051
Each: $99.95
Quantity:

$199.90
Remove

Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Front Bumper with Brawler Bar & D-Ring Tabs in SpyderShell™ Armor Coat for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK
Item No: 12252.0041.07
Each: $739.99
Quantity:

$739.99
Remove
Continue Shopping
Proceed to Checkout »
Order Summary
Subtotal (10 items)$4,149.66
ShippingFREE*
Order total$4,149.66

Last edited:

Draconianwinter

Yes! So I was in Colorado and I just happened to have enough cash available that I was able to go by north Ridge and pick up my poison spyder brawler lite bumper in black with the brawler bar. So now when I get home I know for a fact it will be there as well as I have it with me lol

Top Bottom